cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shinoda1622
Journeyman III

No Update & Software Section, No Media& Capture Section, No AMD link Status Section

Hello everyone,

I hope that problem with missing sections in Home Tab of Adrenalin Software is prety common. So  I found the rootcause of this problem. At least for me, you can also check this rootcause and find if this is your case or not. Maybe together we can found a solution or maybe AMD will fix it finally. 

So how it happens:

1. Download and Install (with Factory Reset option) Adrenaline drivers from AMD Offical Website. Pick the latest or WHQL one for your OS.

2. You will see that all missing tabs have returned.

3. Wait for a little, and see that 'kind and nice" Microsoft Update will REPLACE your OFFICIAL AMD driver with his "verified" one. Name of this update is "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 30.0.13023.4001"

4. Observe how all mentioned section are now dissapeared.

5 (optional). For my case it also caused instability, freeze of entire windows with hardreset only and crashes of my dsipaly driver with notification like "AMD Driver reset to default setting because of blablabla".

So, if anyone knows how to stop "kind and nice" Microsoft replace this driver with his faulty one, please share. Also I ask AMD to help with this and relosve this problem, since stopping updates is NOT a solution, but temporary workaround.

1 Reply
Trisk
Journeyman III

True, this is very annoying.
I've seen other post people mentioning editing group policy can prevent windows from overriding adrenalin. But its not a real solution and people shouldnt face this issue to begin with.

0 Likes