cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stormchild
Adept I

No Sound in Valve Index VR afer upgrading to Radeon RX5700 with Adrenalin 19.7.1 and AMD HDMI sound 10.0.1.11

Hi,

I have not seen many posts about this on the internet.

I have an Index and it worked fine with my previous graphic card Radeon RX470 (even if it's below minimum specs), using drivers from Radeon Adrenalin 19.5.2.
I upgraded to a Radeon RX 5700, with Adrenalin 19.7.1, and while the graphics have been boosted (and I can bump up the refresh rate on the headset accordingly), there is no sound at all coming to SteamVR.

I am on Windows 10 64bits build 1903.

The output and input are set correctly to use the Valve index, just like before when it worked. But now, the sound just doesn't go through. Windows says the driver is working fine, and if I select in SteamVR to mirror the sound to my speakers, I can hear fine there, but not in the headset.

I have tried many things...
- rolling back the version of the drivers (both the whole Adrenalin package, and the sound drivers from AMD HDMI only.. from 10.0.1.11 to even 10.0.0.3)
- switching the audio output back and forth to the headset, playing with volume and mute, and restarting the headset.
- switching the Index HDMI to different display ports on the Radeon RX 5700 and restarting..

but I am a bit out of idea..

Maybe it is possible to make the sound go through the USB instead of HDMI, but I am not sure how to do that. It could go around AMD drivers issues that are HDMI specific, maybe..

Anyone has such a no sound issue ? Or any pointers ? cheers

1 Solution
stormchild
Adept I

Problem solved, by the subsequent Adrenalin ver. 19.7.2 (full reinstall of drivers). Now it works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
geezon
Adept I

I have almost the same problem, though I got the 5700 XT, thread 241141
Audio on the index worked on my RX480 before I put the 5700 in.
And the 5700 can put audio through displayport to my monitor but not to my Index.

stormchild
Adept I

Problem solved, by the subsequent Adrenalin ver. 19.7.2 (full reinstall of drivers). Now it works.

0 Likes