cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Thaienx
Adept I

No signal to monitor after starting a game

Ive had this problem for a few weeks now and it seems like AMD doesnt care.

Specs:

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

GPU - RX 580

PCU - be quiet System Power 9 600w

MB - PRIME-B450-A

Problem:

Ive read for 2 months now and cant find a solution, when i boot my PC and start a game it loses signal to monitor after 5 min and goes black, PC is still running in the background but after awhile it stop hearing sound and gets disconnected from Discord etc. I then need to reboot my PC by holding down power switch and when i start again my drivers are uninstalled/reversed, i then need to download the drivers again and if in LUCKY i can play a game after that, most of the times i reinstall drivers 3-5 times before i can play but as soon as i quit the game and start another one or leave my PC on for a while or reboot the nwxt day its the same problem. 

Please does anyone have a fix or do i just need to throw all AMD products and never go back again…

0 Likes
1 Solution
Thaienx
Adept I

I switches up my PSU and after this ive had 0 problems, everyone having the same issue i would recommend to try change your PSU and see if it works. It worked for me and has worked for 3-4 days now. 

its wierd because it has always worked before so i dont know what caused it from nowhere after 1 year but hopefully this fixes the problem for you aswell.

Goodluck and please let me know if it fixed your problem so more people can know.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Nina1
Journeyman III

Hi, I have the exact same problem. And i have the same GPU as you... Im just considering buying a new PC after all that since nothing is working and AMD doesnt seem to care at all. 

Spoiler
Yeah ill buy a new GPU AMD is just **bleep**, doesnt work with old update either, the ONLY thing that works is downloading same driver over and over until it stops for the day, then when you shut down your PC you know you will have the same problem the next day but it works for a day solution…
0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

I have the same GPU and don't suffer any problems..

The PSU you have is quite a cheap one, mine is Seasonic x850 modular and Gold rated..

I would never use a PSU that is bronze, no matter who makes it.. The PSU is the most important part and needs to be stable and good quality..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

okey thanks for the reply, ive never had problems before and whats wierd is if i download the drivers 1-4 times it works until i put it to sleep/reboot. 

ill try switch my PSU and see if it works because i get the Kernel Power 41 Critical Error.

But i just think its wierd it works after updating drivers over and over….

0 Likes
tekcrazy
Journeyman III

same problem while play league of legends. I have ryzen 5 4650g pro

Thaienx
Adept I

I switches up my PSU and after this ive had 0 problems, everyone having the same issue i would recommend to try change your PSU and see if it works. It worked for me and has worked for 3-4 days now. 

its wierd because it has always worked before so i dont know what caused it from nowhere after 1 year but hopefully this fixes the problem for you aswell.

Goodluck and please let me know if it fixed your problem so more people can know.

0 Likes