cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rf_dillinger
Journeyman III

No signal to monitor after Ryzen 3 3200g display driver update

Briefly: 3200g Integrated graphics drivers cause my monitor to go black (no signal) but the computer otherwise works fine. The Microsoft Basic Display Adapter works for basic stuff but not for games. Details below...

Thanks in advance for reading and trying to help a newbie. I really appreciate any advice.

Brand new build, just finished putting it together...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item
CPU AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive LG GH24NSD1 DVD/CD Writer
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter
Monitor Acer Nitro VG240Y bmiix 23.8" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor

Details:

I am stuck with the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter." I can update the driver in a large number of ways, but each method leads to the screen going dark.

The computer is on and responds to commands. I can shut it off with a keyboard shortcut for example.

The only way to get the screen back is to start up in safe mode. If I roll back the driver in safe mode I can then restart the computer normally.

Other than this everything seems to work fine: sound, network, monitor, peripherals.

At no point have I seen error lights on the motherboard.

What I've tried:

1. Clean windows install, run windows updates first (installer starts from version 1903). Then safe mode as needed, windows update tries to install display drivers so it goes black. I then have tried installing drivers from AMD software (old and new versions) and from the MSI DVD that came with the motherboard.

2. Clean windows install, run driver updates from AMD and MSI before I let windows update do anything.

3. Using DDU to clear display drivers in between attempts and not using it, that is just telling windows to roll back the drivers or disable the device.

4. BIOS updates for the motherboard. It came with a Ryzen 3rd gen compatible BIOS so I've tried with that original bios, version 3.0, as well as the latest BIOS, version 3.3.

5. I checked the performance of the processor alone in Cinebench. It seems to perform as expected. But of course I can't check the integrated graphics because the drivers won't work.

6. Removing 2nd ram stick and removing wifi card - made no difference
  7. Installed another 3200g processor on the off chance that there was a problem with mine. No difference, same behavior.
  8. Installing old drivers from both AMD and Windows driver repositories. Most create the same black screen. Some cause windows to be unable to startup.

Thanks for reading all that!

-D

10 Replies
pablosakhom
Journeyman III

I also have the exact same problem no display signal after driver update.Btw did u solve it?

0 Likes

I'm encountering exactly the same issue with my Ryzen 4650G cpu.

At first, I thought it's because of using an older version of Win10 (LTSB - v1607), however, using the latest version and doing pretty much everything that has already been mentioned, in terms of installing drivers different ways, configuring the BIOS to force IGP graphics, etc, etc, nothing works...

After installing any version of Radeon graphics driver, including the latest v21.3.2, the screen receives no signal and stays blank; the only solution is to revert through 'safe mode' and stick with Microsoft Display Driver.

I've seen numerous other posts, but encountered no solution yet.

It's been a while, have you guys found a solution?!

0 Likes

Do you solved

0 Likes

My computer has same problem.

Asrock B550M steel ledgend.

Amd 5600G. Windows 11. Asus vp228ne( HDMI to DVI)

Install Windows again, or different driver cannot solve no signal after driver installation. The computer still works.

It works with another monitor/ Samsung Q755fn when connecting.

I need to disable driver in safe mode to use it as temporary. Thinking borrow another monitor with HDMI.

Anybody has suggestion?

0 Likes
SxPrA
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with a Ryzen 7 5700G with a MoBo B550 Gaming edge wifi

I solved this. After changing the Monitor cable.

Thanks.

0 Likes

It was only the monitor cable? Really?

0 Likes

Yes, Test with it.

0 Likes

I have a similar issue.  I also have the Asus B550-F WiFi and 5700G processor.  But sometimes when watching videos in full screen, and when I hit the [ESC] key to return to my broswer (Chrome), it will lose video.  It seems to be running fine.  I can hit the power button and it gracefully closes after several seconds.

0 Likes
rodrigobusta
Journeyman III

Come on, guys, do you have any solutions for that issue? 2023 and I have the same problem here, no one posted anything that looked like a workaround

0 Likes