cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Varleiath
Journeyman III

No signal after new driver update

Yesterday I updated my GPU drivers. The screen turned black which i expected, but I didn't expect it to last so long. After waiting 2 hours i restarted my PC. There is no signal from both monitors. I checked my main monitor with a different PC, it works fine. The GPU lits up normally. I can't boot in safe mode or BIOS. The only thing that shows up is AOC logo for a second.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT Thicc III Ultra 8GB GDDR6
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550M-A

7 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Have you tried starting up with one monitor connected?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Yes, I tried different combinations - once with the DP solo, once with the HDMI solo, but every time the "NO SIGNAL" message appears on the monitors.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had something similar with my new self-build PC. There is a 2-3 digit code on the motherboard that isolates the error. It can be the BIOS / motherboard, the CPU, the RAM or the graphics card. I would reset the BIOS first because your startup logo appears. For me it was ultimately that the CPU cooler was screwed on too tight. After loosening the 4 screws, the PC finally started. Contact your motherboard manufacturer's support for problem resolution.

0 Likes
dott86
Journeyman III

Hi, did you get sorted with your issue? My son updated his AMD driver today and shortly after the pc lost connection to the screen, troubleshooted cables, different screens pc still works dont know how to go about it now. please share your wisdom.

0 Likes

Boot into Windows safe mode

Use AMD driver uninstaller to remove problematic drivers:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 

Download latest drivers an install

If doesn't work, repeat, but install some older version of drivers. If he uses 3rd party antivirus and it is some free program, I'd uninstall it and use the one Windows has included. 

0 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply. I have tried to run Bios or boot from bootable windows usb to be able to see anything on the screen. I'm still unable to see anything how did you get over that? Should I try and connect the drive to another pc?

0 Likes

Yo, for you to be able to see a display again remove the gpu from the slot and boot normally using integrated gpu if you have one or just boot without the gpu amd that should give you the display back and go to device manager I will guess it will be a code 45 error.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes