cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dcmarkham
Journeyman III

No Signal after installing display drivers for Ryzen 7 5700G

I'm using a Gigabyte A520i motherboard, Windows 10 version 20H2, all current updates.

Doesn't matter whether I install Adrenalin 21.6.1 Recommended (WHQL) or Adrenalin 21.8.1 Optional drivers... the moment during the install that it says that the screen will flicker, the screen shuts off and does not turn back on. Win-Ctrl-Shift-B does nothing. 

Only option is to boot into Safe Mode and roll back the drivers to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Anyone know why this might be happening? Alternatively, are there any older, alternative drivers that won't cause these issues?

0 Likes
1 Solution
dcmarkham
Journeyman III

Nevermind.... I just figured out my issue...

The monitor I was using had a max resolution of 1600 x 1200.

After I hooked up a monitor that is capable of 1920 x 1080 and re-installed the drivers, it works just fine.

So, that was the issue --- after installation, the installer tried for force a 1920 x 1080 resolution even though the monitor connected didn't support a resolution that high.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
dcmarkham
Journeyman III

Nevermind.... I just figured out my issue...

The monitor I was using had a max resolution of 1600 x 1200.

After I hooked up a monitor that is capable of 1920 x 1080 and re-installed the drivers, it works just fine.

So, that was the issue --- after installation, the installer tried for force a 1920 x 1080 resolution even though the monitor connected didn't support a resolution that high.

0 Likes