cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DavidKin
Adept I

No Signal After Driver Installation

AMD 5950X 128GB OLOLY RAM (No XMP active) Gigabyte Aorus Master B550 - Latest Bios Corsair 850W Power Windows 10 Pro Per the subject. Works fine in bios, works fine with windows which detects it as a basic graphics driver and at the same time an unknown PCIe card with an error 29 (Notes that BIOS detects the card as a PCIe card - unnamed). Upon completing driver install, reboots into windows immediately loses signal (black screen) unable to recover. Half of the attempts required a complete bios reboot. On 2th attempt, windows manages to boot in. But screen gets garbled dots and eventually halts. this "screen garble" manages to repeat on that same attempt for 3 reboots before it eventually ends with a no signal black screen as well. Puts in an old 1070GT. works outright with no issues. Any solutions? PS all of these are on CLEAN INSTALLATIONS
0 Likes
15 Replies

you did not tell us what video card you have  what is your bios version ?  are you trying to use onboard video card ?

if i read it correctly error 29 is mean the the video card is disabled check in your bios to see if you can activate the onboard video card 

BTW onboard video cards are not good for gaming 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmIOuruxGfY&feature=emb_title 

go to 1:26 on the video 

if you using video card just put in your 1070 in then clean the AMD drivers 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHd0065duKE&feature=youtu.be try this 

0 Likes
DavidKin
Adept I

Did I? sorry I have a Merc 139 XFX Radeon 6800XT.
0 Likes

My Bios version is R11 Gigabyte Aorus Master B550 it seems to be the latest bios driver they have
0 Likes

My issue is that I cant get the RX6800XT to work. From a clean install, it shows in POST, BIOs and Windows (as Basic Display and a unknown PCIe card) After I installed the drivers, Black, No signal, No visuals in POST,BIOs or Windows. Have to perform a CMOS reset and full system reimage for it to come back
0 Likes

if your motherboard do not support that video card you cant use it . that video card have 16GB Vram you motherboard need to support that 

0 Likes

@DavidKin  ok you mother board supporting  the video card 

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/?compatible_with=yXxbt6#m=18 

0 Likes

@DavidKin check and see if your mother board support that video card 

0 Likes

0 Likes

Actually all my attempts to install the card was from a clean installation of windows. I have always selected the factory reset on all my reformat/re-installation attempts 1-7 only on the 7th attempt did i manage to not get a no-signal screen.. I did select standard on the software. and It booted into a windows with varying degrees of garbled artefacts on the screen. So is this how the 6800XT is supposed to behave under "normal" operating parameters?
0 Likes

further note.. the garbled screen halted /crashed withing seconds. and did eventually become a full on no-signal black screen
0 Likes

@DavidKin @This card is very new we do not know that much about it also the drivers might not be good for the video card right now .  If you know someone that can check your video card for free or you can contact amd and tell them to check it for you just in case you have hardware issue. 

If you bought it on Amazon contact them they might send another one for free 

0 Likes

Yeah, Thanks for the feedback though. I got this card from CyberpowerPC after an insanely long delay.. Don't even know whats going to happen at this point.
0 Likes

@DavidKin @If you are in USA by  this thing from Amazon or other legitimate website just in case you need to return it or exchange it . 

Idk how amazon work in other countries. 

Also try to contact CyberpowerPC support and tell that the product you bought from them is not working right . Let see what they will say or do. 

0 Likes

Neither do I.. good thing im in LA lol. Bad thing this 6800XT was a trip to windows setup hell and back
0 Likes

@DavidKin  that why I do not buy super new video card because I do not know what  I will get . Also I wait for feedback and review . 

0 Likes