cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

azazel
Adept II

No screen connected to AMD product?

Just got my laptop back from Dell service and did a clean install of Windows 10 so everything should be set to defaults. Downloaded and installed Dell Support Assist to get the latest drivers and installed AMD's autodetect utility to get the latest graphics drivers. After installing drivers restarted my device and checked in Radeon settings if there's any problem. I noticed a message telling me no screens are connected to AMD product. Did I miss something or is there something wrong with my machine?

My specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 M200X Series

Video Card #2: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

RAM : 8.0 GB

Operating System : Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

Can you help me, please?

0 Likes
49 Replies
redfury
Big Boss

Re: No screen connected to AMD product?

You have switchable graphics system.

Intel(R) HD Graphics Family is Primary adapter .AMD Radeon R9 M200X Series-is secondary adapter, and in 2D mode it is in standby mode.You need make some 3D tests(3DMark,Heaven 4.0) to check, that your second card is used for 3D graphics applications.

You can assign manually what application will use R9 M200X(high performance adapter)

Read this article closely  HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs | HP® Customer...

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

0 Likes
azazel
Adept II

Okay, I uninstalled my AMD and Intel drivers then tried to run the utilities you suggested to download. Intel update utility only gives me an empty list as the available drivers so now I'm stuck without intel drivers. I guess Dell Support utility could find and install them again, but this would be the same as I did the first time when my AMD GPU didn't work.

0 Likes
azazel
Adept II

Already tried this one. Didn't help, games still not using my AMD GPU and still no screens connected to it.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

You didn't read correctly. Nowhere does it say to uninstall the Intel drivers ​then​ run the utilities. Not a very difficult operation...is English your native language?

0 Likes
azazel
Adept II

No, English is not my native language.

I don't think I misread it. It says:

The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version and download/save it to your desktop. Do not install now.

Using the computer's 'Uninstall a program' feature, uninstall the Intel drivers. Do not reboot.

Using the computer's 'Uninstall a program' feature, uninstall the AMD drivers******read note.

****For laptops with Intel processors, choose express uninstall all AMD software...everything.

****For laptops with AMD processors, choose a custom uninstall of the graphics drivers and Control panel only.

Reboot the laptop.

For APU's...install the new AMD drivers. Reboot.

For Intel/AMD graphics:

Install the new Intel drivers. Reboot.

Install the new AMD drivers. Reboot.

I think I didn't misread anything here. Did I?

By the way I'm not trying to be an **shole, sorry if I sounded like that. I just really can't see where I misread the content.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support. Do you understand "should be the latest version?"

" Okay, I uninstalled my AMD and Intel drivers then tried to run the utilities you suggested to download." Really dude?

"Intel update utility only gives me an empty list as the available drivers" ..That means there are no updates...ie you have the latest version.

0 Likes
azazel
Adept II

So you're telling me I have the latest intel drivers installed after uninstalling intel drivers? Even Dell support assist utility realizes I don't have them and tells me to install the missing ones but Intel's own software says everythings's fine. I have the latest intel drivers now... thanks to dell support assist, not intel's crapware. The point is I did exactly as you told me and it didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Good luck.

0 Likes