Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

No RAID5 with RAIDXPERT2

Jump to solution

New Machine.

Windows 10, Ryzen 5 1600, Asrock Taichi x370 motherboard.  4x2TB Seagate Constellation drives for long-term storage. I see them in BIOS, see them in raidxpert2, but can NOT get RAID5 as an option in the array menu.

There's a thread in this forum where a user said he resolved his problem by "loading the Windows 7 drivers".  When I attempt this, I get a message from the OS stating 'This package is not compatible with this Windows version"... so I'm not sure how he did it.

I've also downloaded all the x370 driver packages from the AMD site, starting with 15.x and working my way up to 16.9.2 so far, trying to correct this issue.

I've got an M2 boot drive, and a 1TB SSD array (RAID0) already running just fine.

The motherboard in question supplies 10 SATA ports.  8 are SATA3, 6Gbps, the other 2 are simply listed as "SATA" ports with a transfer rate of 500Mbps.  The drives in question are all in the high-speed ports.

What am I missing here?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: No RAID5 with RAIDXPERT2

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

According to the documentation, only RAID levels 0, 1, and 10 are supported with RAIDXpert2 basic license level.  Also, could mean you were running an older version - as of v3.05 they removed references to RAID-5.  The current version is now v3.07 (as of March 2018).  Hope that helps.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

What's also interesting is that if you click on Options-License in the RAIDXpert2 Menu it seems to indicate that you could technically do RAID5 and more if the license level were upgraded.  Now getting that upgrade looks to be another story entirely....

RAIDXpert2-Licenses.jpg

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Apologies for the thread resurrection, but there doesn't seem to be a relevant newer thread. Has anyone succeeded in geting RAID 5 on an AMD X470 motherboard? RAIDXpert2 seems like garbage, but if upgrading helps I'll swallow my pride and throw more money at AMD. (Hire a UX person! Please! Just one will do. Registering for these forums made me cry.)

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

I think if you wanted to do RAID5 (or any RAID) with any motherboard you may be better off spending the money on a dedicated RAID card.  I had RAID10 running for a bit (x470 MSI Gaming Pro), but never noticed any significant difference when I removed it entirely and just stuck with the multiple single drives (I've got a NAS with RAID for redundancy).

However, in the most recent version of the RaidXpert Guide (now at v3.11) - there is finally a specific mention (page 21) that RAID5 is only supported for AMD Family 17h Models 31h sTRX4 processors (the Ryzen Zen2 Threadripper CPUs).

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

We have a similar problem and getting a new raid card isn't an answer.

We upgraded from an ASUS M5A-88V evo mb (ci 2009) to an MSI B550M Bazooka.  The existing RAID is a Raid5, but it was made before raid expert existed.  The new board doesn't know the raid is there.

Is there a workaround for this?  Or do I just need to build a complete computer and then copy the old data to the the new computer?

This is why my other computers are Intel.

0 Kudos