Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mrsikboy
Journeyman III

no rage mode in latest drivers xfx 6800xt

hi guys

i have enabled the seetings in asus x570-f bios but rage mode still does not show on amd adrenalin. large memory access is enabled in device manager.

image.JPG

0 Likes
20 Replies

Rage Mode is an AMD Marketing term for increasing your power limit and increasing your fan speed. 
It was causing worse performance in some tests which means the GPU aready on the edge of crashing on balanced mode. 

Maybe they just got rid of it.

0 Likes

@colesdav what you say makes no sense , why would they let people raise power if this is not efficient ... "on the edge of crashing on balanced mode" i don't know where you get your info but this doesn't seem based on experience ... i could make the list of all the amd gpu i had for years starting with 4870x2 and every oc i could achieve until now ... that would be a long list

and btw i just checked new 21.3.1 drivers , rage mode is there for me (6900xt)

op, maybe you set a parameter that makes the rage mode unavailable ? auto oc ? or try to ddu and reinstall maybe ?

0 Likes

There have been plenty of independent reviews of "Rage Mode" showing it actually produces worse performance, higher power consumption on many games, and crashing  with the RX6000 series GPUs.

All AMD GPUs clocked far too high in attempt to catch Nvidia for years.

AMD have a reputation for stable drivers and GPU that do not crash... NOT.

0 Likes

...i think you don't understand 'rage mode' , and maybe you confuse with SAM ... rage mode is just a way to give more power (so this is absolutely intended , don't try to make this a problem lol) and strenghten fps and sometime more fps AND more importantly avoid people to go in manual mode to do this ... the fact is you gain more fps by undervolting but that depends on your chip... but it is absolutely in TDP ... so what you say makes no sense as the card are made to do that , it is no overclocking at all... and your "assumptions" shows clearly you don't know what you are talking about , what a you doing on this forum?

0 Likes

colesdav loves to derail threads , based on his unknown knowledge of a problem (his Nv cards supposedly are all perfect).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Oh look it is goodplay the AMD fanboy who left the forum in a huff, and is back trolling me again. 

Go watch Gamers Nexus review of AMD "Rage Mode".

0 Likes

@colesdav regarding your answers i think i know whose the troll here

0 Likes

Yes it is @goodplay.

0 Likes

Your first reply to OP offered no suggestion as to what may be a problem.

So yes, you are an Nvidibot troll, after many years watching your posts/replies.

You also said you were leaving the forum.

I'm back, after 3 rma's (in 4 mths) on nv cards (guess i was extremely unlucky ?).

And your "Go watch GN...........' still has no relevance concerning OP issue.

So what you should do now is tag team one of other Nvidibots to come and rescue/back you up.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Yawn. 

Go away troll.

0 Likes

Back at ya.

You should leave this thread if you can't offer possible suggestion/solution to OP issue.

0 Likes

I suggested that "Rage mode" may have been removed because it results in worse performance and more power consumption based on the RX6900XT and 6800XT reviews I have seen. 

If Rage mode is removed it is likey you miss NOTHING. 

You can always manual increase the GPU power limit and fan curve yourself. 

Here is just 1 of those reviews. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLVGL7aAYgY

0 Likes

And there you go again, unknowledgeable assumptions, why is it there for most others (that i know of, i still have the options).

Seems your only  opinion is from what you read (cherrypicked ?) from web.

And still does not offer any possible solution/suggestion to OP issue as to why they do not have the option for Rage mode..

0 Likes

Did you watch the Gamers Nexus Video regarding Rage Mode performance on RX6800XT? 
Now I ask the question. 

What are you doing on this forum? 

0 Likes

Read my Sig. specs you fool (they've been set for member view since return).

And still any review you have so far posted does not have anything to do with OP issue of 'not having Rage option'. 

And yes i am well aware of where/what/when rage mode is beneficial or not.

And so far have not used or needed it on games i play. 

0 Likes

I know that you bought an RX6900XT. 
I was not replying to you. 
You are back to your old behaviour acting like a crazed AMD fanboy and thinking you are a Forum moderator.

0 Likes

@colesdav please remain on topic or this discussion will be locked.

0 Likes

@mrsikboy 

Have you tried the 'Performance mode' switch on the card.

0 Likes

Other users have reported RAGE mode is NOT available on their 6800xt GPUs. 
One example here: 

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/radeon/comments/lq28s8/xfx_6800xt_has_no_rage_mode/

I suggest you file a bug report using the AMD BUG Reporting tool if the AMD data trawl is acceptable to you. 
Also try contacting XFX support here: 
https://www.xfxforce.com/support/contact-us

0 Likes

One more thought. 

AMD Drivers enable certain features / install based on card model. 
So perhaps the "whitelist" for Rage Mode on your particular version of XFX 6800XT is broken, if Rage mode is not removed on purpose by XFX on that card. 

I had a similar situation where AMD Radeon Pro Drivers were supposed to install on RX Vega 64 Liquid but would not. 

That problem was fixed by updating a whitelist.

I already suggested you file a Bug Report. 

I have also pointed out that other RX6800XT owners have seen this issue on Sapphire and XFX RX6800XT. 

Bye.

0 Likes