cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mphuz
Adept II

Re: No "Restart" option at the end of the driver installation and the broken "Feedback" link.

1) No "Restart" option at the end of the driver installation (pic. er 1)

The problem arose this year, but I do not remember from which version of the driver...
There is only a checkbox about "automatic update system".

18.1.1 - not fixed.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Re: No "Restart" option at the end of the driver installation and the broken "Feedback" link.

No restart selection.....it is not and has not worked for me for at least a year....but I don't see that as a problem. I know to restart my computer. i can see this being a issue if you have never installed drivers before, though.

0 Likes
malonematches
Journeyman III

Same problem here. And for those of who are asking us to just quit the window and do a manual restart, let me tell you, if I do install the driver that way, I get artifacts and -10 fps in all games, so the driver isn't really installed properly. Sucks, when something as basic as a driver installer won't work properly. Oh and this is on driver 18.2.3, have been experiencing it since 17.x I think. It's a messed up install, even though your desktop is working alright, you do get fps dips under full load and like I mentioned, artifacting. So stop teaching us to restart our computers please, there's a lot going on at the backend of the program which ofcourse it cannot complete and those who are ignorant will find no problem with that. Let me add, the restart option appears if you 'update' your drivers, but not on any standalone installation or clean installation.

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

I have no issues with not doing a restart on the custom clean install.

Been doing it for the past 6+ drivers.

Guess i'm just lucky ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes
malonematches
Journeyman III

You could be lucky, in the sense that your hardware+software configuration doesn't produce this issue. However, it must be noted that for each driver the restart option IS included. It's not like the installer is working fine even if there isn't one. I updated from 18.2.1 to 18.2.3 no restart option, updated from 18.2.3 to 18.3.1 via clean install, no restart option, rolled back from 18.3.1 to 18.2.3 this time with just the plain install, restart option came back again.

Windows 10 x64 (creator's + fall )

Ryzen 5 1600

R7 370 2 GB

MSI b350 gaming plus

Ddr4 3000 mhz 8gb

650w Corsair psu.

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

Then you possibly have an issue with your OS/software config.

Win10 is very temperamental, in what settings you choose to disable/delete( and it change twice yearly).

Luckily with Pro vers., many OS changes aren't affected. I feel sorry for users on home vers., stuck with what they get. How many peeps know of the standalone updates/patches (do not get installed from WU), that have been availably this year alone ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes
headlessgnome
Adept I

I thought at first that Windows Insider Preview was the culprit, but even after Spring Creators Update this bug is still around. It's been fricking 4 months since this thread was posted. AMD, please fix.

0 Likes