cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Danico
Journeyman III

NO OPEN CL FOR MY AMD HD 7470 SERIES

I am Video editor. I normally use Davinci resolve and premiere pro cc. Each time I open the applications e.g. Davinci brings an error message requesting for open cl. When I check on GPU-z dialog box it Indicates that it is not active. I have tried uninstalling and installing, updating the driver but an still stuck. Likewise, when I go to the registry editor  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/khronos/Open cl/Vendors, clearly, shows there is no open cl. I would like to use Davinci and premiere pro for hardware encoding, rendering and increase acceleration. Is there a quick fix to this given AMD HD 7470 series is a legacy support model? previous AMD drivers or some earlier versions had open cl what happened? 

gpu z.gifindicates that I don't have open cl.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Your GPU-Z is indicating that the AMD Driver isn't install or working properly. 

If the AMD driver is installed properly both the OpenCL and OpenGL  should be check-marked as enabled.

I also noticed that you installed the Windows 10 AMD Driver from 2015 in Windows 11 which probably isn't compatible with the latest OS.

Since your GPU card is not supported any more by AMD Driver updates there will not be a Windows 11 compatible driver.

0 Likes

There is no reason to open multiple threads on the same issue.

0 Likes