cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Faelorn
Adept I

No onboard audio

I have been using my computer for many years now, always with a usb headset. I bought a surround sound speaker setup but none of my onboard sound works. In device manager the Realtek audio driver only shows as a hidden device with code 45. My onboard audio is enabled in bios. I reinstalled windows, and realtek worked fine. after I reinstalled the latest amd drivers for my 480, the realtek options disappeared in device manager, in the sound control panel and in the sound settings. Showing disabled and disconnected devices in the sound control panel does not reveal the realtek speaker option. I tried reinstalling the driver first from msi, the maker of my motherboard, when that did not work, I reinstalled windows once again, installed the amd drivers, then realtek from realtek's site. Still no joy. After a third install of windows, I setup the realtek driver from the realtek site first, then installed amd and yet again my realtek disappeared and was banished to hidden in device manager. How do I fix this issue??

sysinfo:

motherboard: msi 970-46a

processor: amd fx 8320e

ram: 16GB assorted manufacturer

GFX amd  radeon rx 480

edit: i have attempted many other fixes, some of those that have been already suggested in this forum with no luck. they all seem to peter out after a few posts without a solution.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Go to your motherboard manufacturer website and download the last audio drive for your PC  that will help 🤠

0 Likes

I have already tried that. It changes nothing. I cannot even open the realtek audio manager by actually clicking on it from within the realtek file.

0 Likes