cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Bernek
Adept II

No more driver updates for 6xxx series cards

What is going on ? I was looking for a new driver for 1 month since I got my Quest 2 and I see no new drivers for 6xxx series at all. I know 7xxx series launched but this is outrageous never happened in the past and AMD was supporting their cards. I ended up thinking about selling my 6800XT (which had a hefty price when I got it) to go to the green team update extravaganza. 

My VR bitrate and performanc is very bad ... I hardly get 60-70 Mbps encoding our of a high end card ?!! This is just nonsense.

Also if I dare to compare my card I get better encoding bitrate on my old 1080TI NVIDIA ? How is this possible.

AMD PLEASE FIX AND RELEASE DRIVERS ! YOU WILL LOSE CUSTOMERS WITH THIS NINJA MOVES.

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Appreciate your patience.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.2.1 is now available for download.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-2-1

View solution in original post

12 Replies
eebiii
Miniboss

image-product_spam-classic-12oz-420x420.png

Flyfisherman
Challenger

Tom's Hardware: AMD Hasn't Forgotten Radeon RX 6000 GPUs: New Drivers Incoming

Quote:
..//..AMD launched its Radeon RX 7900 XT and RX 7900 XTX graphics cards in mid-December but had to fix bugs that inevitably emerged with the release of new hardware for existing games. As a result, AMD assigned as many software engineers as possible to support the hardware launch and drivers for its new RDNA 3-based products. 

Unfortunately, such a shift affected the company's ability to release new drivers for its existing Radeon RX 6000-series graphics cards. As a result, drivers for these products have not been updated since November, which has outraged many graphics card owners. The good news is that updated drivers are incoming. The bad news is that those cards will sit without new drivers for about three months by the time the new drivers emerge..//..
End Quote.

Best regards from Sweden

hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Well if the OP is truly serious about swapping brands there's enough stock available right now that doing so won't be a problem.  Lack of driver support is why my aib 6900xt is sitting in its box right now collecting dust right next to its predecessor a gtx 1080.

Well money isnt going on trees ... I want my purchased card to be supported and work !

0 Likes
Flyfisherman
Challenger

I'm also impatient for a new driver release for my
ASUS Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB TUF GAMING OC

After all there are still unsolved issues with 22.11.2 and probably more than it is listed:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-11-2

Best regards from Sweden

kittosed
Adept II

i still wait for rx 6600 xt driver

TheZerg1989
Journeyman III

amd needs to sort their **bleep** out. im sick and tired of my drivers crashing 10 times a day on both my asus rog strix 6700XT rig and my 5700 xt rig.... when is the big update they promised us being released?

frankazor.png

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Who is this macho man ? Is he thrust worthy ?

0 Likes
Justafellow
Adept I

You just need to buy a 7900xt, and you have your drivers updated. Its really simple AMD isn't it?

Bernek
Adept II

Either way I'm quite tired of waiting ... but I can't afford a switch to green team now since 6800XT prices are very low. Where they SHOULD HAVE BEEN in the first place because this card is gathering DUST.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Appreciate your patience.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.2.1 is now available for download.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-2-1