cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

squall-loire
Adept II
Adept II

No GPU Workload Option for MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G?

Jump to solution

Was going to test this out (from the latest patch notes):

GPU Workload

• A new toggle in Radeon Settings that can be found under the “Gaming”, “Global Settings” options. This toggle will allow you to switch optimization between graphics or compute workloads on select Radeon RX 500, Radeon RX 400, Radeon R9 390, Radeon R9 380, Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 285 series graphics products.

...but the option isn't there at all. Just curious as to whether this is intended ("select" R9 290s is distinctly unhelpful) or in error. Anybody else have this card (or another R9 290) and able to verify that the option is either there or missing for them?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: No GPU Workload Option for MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G?

Jump to solution

We're looking into this. Some of the older cards may not actually support this feature.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
vlad001
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Same for me... i'm just curious, what the hell are you AMD doing at all?! Заснемане.PNG

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

You might want to tone down the aggressive language in your posts.

vlad001
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Sorry, ray_m, but i'm soo angry, because your team has so many troubles to make a decent driver and working options in it... When you will fix your driver and "wattman" to support overclocking? if you can't fix it, just remove it (wattman), and allow people to overclock through third party overclocking tools (apps). i just can't overclock my videocard (R9 290) with your driver, since drivers after 16.11.5 till now. if i overclock it with afterburner, with voltage up, after restarting windows i have black screen because your driver remembers the clocks, but didn't remember the voltage needed for that clocks. Why don't you make your driver to NOT remember overclocked frequencies (after restart, or turning on the PC), for allowing people to overclock through Trixx, or Afterburner (just like with good old catalyst)?! Nobody likes your "wattman" believe me! But not only that, i have another wall from you. When i try to overclock my videoram, i have glitch that changes the frequency only on paper (it didnt make any actual overclock at all. i can make 10 000Mhz on my Vram without raising voltage, which is impossible) with every driver since drivers after16.11.5 till now, but after restarting my pc, the frecuency is actual (result is blackscreen).The Afterburner has option that make your driver to not remember clocks after restarting Windows (that can temporary fix your driver to not remember overclocks after restart), but with that broken Vram overclock, i can't make any Vram overclock at all. Make your driver overclocking friendly again, please!

PS: Sorry again, for my bad english, i hope you will understand me.

0 Kudos
noodles59
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Well, yes, no such toggle for my RX570 either!

locodicegr
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Before raging on the internet, try to troubleshoot youur system. Clean install the driver.

0 Kudos
kaikox
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Image1.jpg

Same thing for my R9 290. Also I'm missing Enhanced sync in the Vsync dropdown and Wattman is _very_ limited compared to screenshots I've seen.

noodles59
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Clean driver install did not change the situation for me - no toggle

0 Kudos
squall-loire
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

I never raged, I enquired, and I always troubleshoot myself before coming to the forums. Clean install is my default choice, and just to be sure I tried a second time running DDU first.

0 Kudos
ohim
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Same thing with Sapphire R9-290. Seems that older cards though they should have the option by some bug it`s not present.