Re: No game is recognizing the video card AMD R7 265

No,
i have only on the ethernet, but is not case

device.png

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Go to Intel Support, run their Driver Update program and install any Intel graphics driver it finds. It will be the latest.

0 Kudos
erikcht
Journeyman III

updated.
But still with the problems "ONLY FOR THE STARCRAFT 2"

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

I'm stumped..

0 Kudos
erikcht
Journeyman III

Oh, my good...

Can you, AMD help me with remote access?

I could help you give remote access to my notebook to you study this case...

The support from Dell access my notebook remote mode and they have not sucess... , i think you are the only hope for me...

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

We need your full system specifications including make and model of the laptop you are using please?

0 Kudos
erikcht
Journeyman III

right Dell inspiron 5548

Service Tag: FY5DF82

Express Service Code: 34716609362

Core i7 5500U 2.4 Ghz
16GB ram
HD: 1TB

Motherboard: Dell Inspiron 5548 (Intel Chipset_Driver_8GCTD)

Video1 : Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
Video2 : R7 M260

OS Windows 7 64 Professional (PT_Brazil)  (PS: my system i recive by dell is a ubuntu 14.04 64 bits, i did a dual boot  with windows 7 + ubuntu )

everest.png

Or...
Product Support | Dell US 5548

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

First, go to Windows Update and update your computer...especially the relevant 'Optional' and 'Recommended' updates. These will include the .netframeworks and C++ upgrades. This must be done before trying to install AMD graphics drivers.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link and use the Intel Driver Update Utility to find the latest graphics driver for your laptop. Download and save it to your desktop. Do not install.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download the correct AMD drivers to your desktop >  Mobile

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Graphics Driver:

AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer as the manufacturer may customize the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook.

Customized graphics drivers are available for download from most notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system is not the version originally installed on the notebook it may not meet all requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the notebook manufacturer for supported operating systems and drivers.

AMD provides reference 'generic' drivers for AMD Mobility Radeon graphics with limited support for notebook specific features and functions. This is not intended to be used as a replacement for the notebook manufacturer's driver.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the system specifications.

It's possible that the dGPU is being used, but it is reporting it incorrectly in monitoring. To test this, please download FRAPS and have FRAPS running in the background to monitor FPS.

Change all Starcraft 2 executables to High Performance and monitor FPS. Exit and the game and change all Starcraft 2 executables to Power Saving and monitor FPS again. Do you see any difference or are both runs producing the same number of FPS?

0 Kudos