cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

merrynova
Journeyman III

NO fan control temp on R9 FURY

i don't know if this its happening on other gpu models but i go from this which was the panel on adrenalin 19 on a fury x where you can just tell the driver which temperature you want and he will do it, it will keep the temp to whatever number you type and if the temp goes above a msg would pop-up letting you know that the temp threshold was excededventilador driver.jpg

To THIS thing where you can't control ANYHTHING you just add your RPM for the fan and thats it good luck my friend you can't even configure a fan curve something that you can do now days with almost any software out there you can do it with afterburner for example but since you have a freaking browser in the drivers how its that you can't even control the fan curve or temps properly now from one version to another? forget to mention that the profiles for games ain't working either so you cannot use a RPM for each game to keep the temp  you have to do everything manuallyventilador driver 2020.jpg

another funny thing its that if you just turn on the fan without the advanced options and apply changes it would turn off automatically since theres NOTHING there and it won't keep himself  "turn on" until you activate the advanced one where you only have the RPM

so please can we come back to the OLD fan control at least? i'm not asking here for a new fan curve or anything i just want the old one i don't think its too much to ask

or if anyone know a way to improved this without the need to install a 3rd party software who does it ^ ^ 

maybe you can make the driver thing that you had any other gpu? or whatever and it would something pop up on the driver?

1 Reply
wingou
Journeyman III

Same problem here, my whole computer is overheating because of this lack of Fan curve, so im currently using MSI Afterburner with the lot of freeze/crashes/bug due to incompatibility with 3rd party software from Wattman. 
I understand that AMD prefer that we use Wattman instead of 3rd party apps, but at least give us the minimal settings that we can expect... we are talking about a fan curve, or a minimal control on GPU temperature here...

0 Likes