cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kubiji
Journeyman III

Re: No drivers for windows 10

Hey, guys. I was just solving the same problem - no drivers for notebook of my sister - HP 635. The problem is that it has AMD HD 4200 and also AMD HD 6300. When I installed drivers it installed drivers only for HD 4200 which is nonsense because of no compatibility with WIN 10. So I tried to uninstall all AMD drivers disable and uninstall the HD 4200 in HW manager and then I installed drivers for the HD 6300. And it worked 🙂 The HD 4200 is not useful for me, because the notebook has plugged in the charger all the time. I hope it helps someone.

0 Kudos
balthazar0280
Journeyman III

Hi all. I am also having same problem. I have purchased a mobile workstation (Dell M4800) with an AMD Firepro M5100. However, performance is appalling while running windows 10. Both Dell and microsoft win10 drivers for this card are just rubbish and cause cursor lag and occasional crashes. When I search for the official drivers on AMD site there appears to be no windows 10 support for Firepro mobility cards. (incidently I do not recommend anyone using their autodetect driver tool, it comes up with completely the wrong one for mine). I have a 4K screen version too and so the Intel HD graphics card has been disabled so cannot rely on that. Currently having to rely on the microsoft "very" basic display driver. I don't really want to have to install windows 7 because of more scaling issues on UHD screens (windows 10 is much better for this). I will meanwhile keep trying on a workaround in the hope that one day a working windows 10 driver eventuates. I just wish AMD customer support would reply to the emails I sent them. If it is going to be a while before windows 10 drivers are released I will seriously have to think about going back to win 7.

0 Kudos

To install catalyst (crimson) driver for AMD HD 6310 on Windows 10, it is possible just to change the inf file for Windows 8.1 so that it is used for Win10 (one line - 10.0) , since in inf file for Windows 8.1 there is information for wrestler GPUs. The drivers then work the same way as 15.6 or previous Catalysts did in W 8.1 or how they do when the older drivers are installed in W10.

I see that Wrestler GPUs have some issues with Windows 10, but I do not understand why AMD makes the problems worse by not including the infs information correctly.

0 Kudos
epicplayer
Journeyman III

If you are willing to give up the catalyst control center/radeon settings then you can just get the driver through windows device manager and manually update the driver as that is the only method to get current drivers for these older GPUs. I used this method to get the correct driver for my father's old Acer Aspire 5538 with radeon hd 3200

luispacoramos
Journeyman III

Hi. My ACER Aspire 5742G laptop has the AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series graphics controller, I just found out that it is not compatible with Windows10. I can not find the updated driver for W10. I searched the link that you indicate, but it is not. Any other option?
Thank you very much
Greetings

0 Kudos
luispacoramos
Journeyman III

Hola. He visto en el foro de AMD que, en julio de 2015, buscabas un controlador para AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series compatible con windows 10. Yo tengo el mismo problema, ¿puedes decirme si lo has encontrado o si tienes alguna solución?

Muchas gracias.

Un saludo

Hi. I saw in the forum of AMD that, in July 2015, you were looking for a driver for AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series compatible with windows 10. I have the same problem, can you tell me if you have found it or if you have any solution?
Thank you very much.
Greetings

0 Kudos

hello. Either use driver that is integrated in Windows (let search driver on Windows update). Or you must disable driver signing, modify inf file so that 6300M is not commented out and Win10 is supported and then install. 63xx Radeon mobile works well in Windows 10.

0 Kudos