cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

smithely
Adept I

Re: No drivers for windows 10

The drivers automatically installed by windows do not work properly. No video playback in most apps and browser.

Unless they released new ones after aug 1st (last time I tried), I would recommend sticking to 15.6

E450 hd6320

0 Kudos
danh_sh
Adept I

The drivers installed by Windows Update allow me to adjust the brightness but also offer very poor performance. There is no solution yet...

0 Kudos
piisami
Journeyman III

"There is your problem. The 4xxx series is not supported and will not work with Windows 10."

I have the exact same situation as user Danx, and do have both Mobility HD 5000 and HD 4200 cards on my HP laptop.

Do you know if the 4xxx series will be supported in the future? I will wait if so, but if not then I will return back to Win7. My problem is that laptop is quite loud now (fan hitting peak at startup) with win 10 and I think it might be because it's using only that 5000 series card. Although I'm not sure about this, just a "feelin'"

0 Kudos
hd6320
Adept II

Have you tried to install 15.6 beta driver for Windows 8.1?

0 Kudos
effigee
Journeyman III

Hey guys I registered on the site to give anyone help having the same problems I had with the 6320 series and Windows 10. Took me hours to find a good solution.

Obviously the 6320 series is not supported by the latest Omega release and the drivers downloaded from Microsoft are utter crap and made the system really sluggish and unresponsive. Also video problems in all video players.

1. Go here and follow the instructions on this page  http://windowsinstructed.com/disable-automatic-device-driver-download-in-windows-10/  and also untick the box (Automatically get the device app and info provided by your device manufacturer)

2. Remove the drivers and software downloaded from Microsoft.

3. Go here and download the wushowhide application https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

4. Run the application and click on advanced and untick Apply repairs automatically then click next and you want to hide the AMD driver.

5. I used amd-catalyst-14-9-win7-win8.1-32bit-dd-ccc-whql.exe drivers and installed them. Google the name and you will find a download.

It fixes the slugish problems and the video problems and I have no problem adjusting the brightness of the screen. This is a workaround I guess till newer drivers are released.

Hope this helps somebody and sorry for the crappy instructions

Cheers

0 Kudos
piisami
Journeyman III

I now installed that beta driver. Now it seems that something works. OS is much faster to use, fan is not so loud and much less heat is coming out (that remainds me of a joke).

But, and there's always a but. At Windows startup I get Catalyst warning prompt that AMD-graphics driver has not been installed, or it does not work how it should work... or something like that, free translation from finnish.

And when I go to Device Manager I can see that yellow warning triangle on AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series "device is stopped, because it reported of an error. (code43)" ...still free translation

And underneath HD 5000 is HD 4200. That dosen't have that triangle, but when I open properties panel, it says that device dosen't have installed drivers.

And the joke you all been waiting for... What is the force running computers? Answer: Smoke. When Smoke comes out from your computer, it dosen't work any more. ...no need to thank;)

0 Kudos
hd6320
Adept II

AMD Catalyst (15.200.1062.1004 August 3) Mobile/APU/Legacy Win 10 x64

<< Please do not provide direct links to software/drivers not from amd.com>>

If you wish to share the link, provide suggestions on how they may be found but do not ink directly.

I'll try them out very soon.

0 Kudos
motiongrapher
Adept I

Another Nice surprise from the genius people in AMD team. Today, I received update notification for my windows 10 catalyst driver 15.20.1062 - 150715a 187146c.

So I happily proceed to download and install it, hoping that my FireDrive 300 (Mac Pro purchased in 2015) graphic card driver crash will go away.  Guess what?  I received the infamous error :

"We are unable to find a driver for your system. No supported AMD hardware has detected" 

Are you guys serious? I'm not here to bash your genius team but seriously, you prompted me to download this and your software can't even detect whether it will work on my machine or not? ... I guess a 16 year old programmer can create better drivers than you guys.

Go ahead and delete my complaint. I will verbally tell everybody around me to avoid any system that comes with AMD graphics (including MAC machines)

Have a beautiful day!

0 Kudos
hd6320
Adept II

0 Kudos
r0inuj_ed
Journeyman III

I´ve made a post about this

https://community.amd.com/thread/189965

0 Kudos