cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

supa
Journeyman III

Re: No drivers for windows 10

Hey i got the exact same problem. I got a HP pavilion G7 1130SD notebook. The graphic driver is 6470M, but when i install it with the automatic driver detection program from AMD, it installs a driver from a 7400m. This makes my laptop extreemly slow, unable to play any games, and a very long boot time. I used to have this problem with windows 7 aswell, but i solved it by installing an old driver. I just installed windows 10 and tried the same trick, but it doesn't work. Got any advise for me?

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

It looks like you have a AMD APU with onboard (built in) graphics..You need the APU model number (A10, A8, etc). Once you have that, follow steps 1-5 to get your drivers. (image below..fill in step 3 and 4)

Look in your owners manual or receipt for your laptop...that's all I have to suggest.

0 Kudos
danx
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. I have HP Pavilion DV6-3108er notebook with these specs:

HP Support document - HP Support Center 

I upgraded to Windows 10 but after that I can't get AMD graphics cards to work.

I have two of them in that notebook - Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4200 for low-power (on AMD 880G chipset) and Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series for high performance. When I install the newest AMD Catalyst software, it finishes without problems but none of the GPUs work! After start-up Catalyst gives me error message "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD Driver is not functioning properly". Everything other works without problems, and new OS is really good, only this lack of proper support from AMD is the problem...

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

""I have two of them in that notebook - Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4200 for low-power""

There is your problem. The 4xxx series is not supported and will not work with Windows 10.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Each of you should stop using the auto find and install...use the steps 1-5 to get your drivers. If you have 'switchable 'graphics, get both drivers from the laptop manufacturer's support site.

0 Kudos
kevinmaher
Adept I

Hi,

I have the same problem, I have 2 laptops both originally came with windows 7 64-bit.

1. Asus 1215B with amd brazos e350 apu, (ATI Radeon HD 6310)

2. Toshiba Satellite Pro C660D-1FM with amd brazos e450 apu (ATI Radeon HD 6320)

Can you help me find Windows 10 64-bit driver for both laptops?

0 Kudos
danx
Journeyman III

Thank you for confirmation. Luckily Windows 10 has inbuilt recovery to previous system which I gladly used. It was fast and now back at Windows 7 everything works again.

So this is only solution for everyone having compatibility problems with older hardware.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Toshiba can not use drivers from AMD. Must use theirs.

0 Kudos
kevinmaher
Adept I

Ok but what about my ASUS 1215B?

0 Kudos
wellivea1
Journeyman III

Untitled.jpg

I did exactly that and i tried updating from what the AMD CCC that windows 10 had installed told me was an update but then said the previous version was newer. The only issue I've had is that this driver completely breaks hardware accelerated video. On a budget laptop like mine (ASUS-X401U/AMD-E-1200 APU) CPU rendering is useless so I'm left waiting for a bug fix or an actual APU driver if that's the issue. Also this had happened with my desktop with the same APU on windows 8.1 and i had to revert to 14.? but on windows 10 this isn't much of an option......

0 Kudos