cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

danfun64
Journeyman III

No drivers for windows 10

Recently I upgraded my Windows 7 SP1 laptop to Windows 10. After the upgrade, I find that booting is a lot slower than it used to be. After 15 seconds of boot time, I am stuck with a black screen for 45 seconds before I can access the desktop. I've heard that upgrading my graphics drivers might solve the problem, but there don't seem to be graphics drivers for windows 10 for my graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 6520G). The AudoDetect utility gives me no driver, I can't find the driver using the manual menus, and when I try to download ATI Catalyst, I find that the video driver fails installation. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this issue? When will ATI release the right drivers?

0 Kudos
56 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: No drivers for windows 10

Manufacturer and exact..exact...model? Switchable graphics?

0 Kudos
danfun64
Journeyman III

Sorry.

Acer Aspire 5560 on a 64-bit OS. As far as I can tell the graphics card can't be replaced.

0 Kudos
wellivea1
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem but i also noticed that with the drivers windows 10 had installed hardware video acceleration (15.7) is broken so now i can't watch any videos until this issue is resolved AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

There are many Acer Aspire 5560 models...all configured different > https://www.google.com/search?q=Acer+Aspire+5560&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=...   thats why I asked for the exact model. Switchable graphics does not mean replacing the graphics chip. Swithable graphics means you have two graphics..one for low power and one for high. Like a Intel + AMD or AMD + AMD. If you can tell me the exact model number I can look it up.

0 Kudos
danfun64
Journeyman III

the exact model is Aspire 5560-Sb209 with model number MS2319

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

It must be a foriegn model as I cannot find any info with the information you supplied. Are you sure you have a DISCRETE graphics chip? When you go into device manager, under 'display' what does it say?

Acer should have drivers for you, use their auto detect.

0 Kudos
danfun64
Journeyman III

I accidently posted a typo. It's supposed to be 609, not 209.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Use the link I gave you, fill in the blanks, and see what acer has for you.

0 Kudos
danfun64
Journeyman III

It only gives drivers for Windows 7, so it's not useful at all.

0 Kudos