cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Technician2004
Journeyman III

No driver works with Windows 10/64 bit - Radeon R7 M265 Series/Acer Aspire V5-561G

Hi everybody!

I own said hardware. I did a clean install of the latest Windows 10/64 bit version; then tried to install AMD video drivers. I tried the "auto detect and install" tool - it stalls when attempting to install the driver; rendering Windows screwed up beyond repair. I tried Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3, 20.11.2 as well as the "Pro Software for Enterprise" - always with the same result. The installation process freezes at same point as well as the system. There's no response at all from Windows - the only way to attempt to reboot the system is via the power switch. If Windows boots again at all, it doesn't work properly, attempts to repair itself - but fails.

Is this a known issue? Since Acer released a addendum to its manual regarding the peculiarities of Win 10, the hardware in general should be working with Windows 10.

I understand older drivers seem to work - if so, where can I download them?

Thanks and regards

Technician2004

0 Likes
5 Replies
yayam74
Journeyman III

0 Likes
SeixasBR
Adept I

Update Win10 20h2

0 Likes

Laptops update differently than desktop graphics.

You have two graphics chips...Intel and AMD. The Intel driver must be the latest offered from the Intel support site > https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ and must be installed before installing AMD drivers.

Use DDU in safe mode to remove the drivers.>    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

You must prevent/delay Microsft from automatically installing drivers.

Disconnect from the internet...you don't have to be online to install drivers.

i do all of them. and try for my way in top (link)!!
but not resolved.

i install any version from driver r7 m265 on my laptop , freeze in desktop
i can just install version 15.7.1 and when i shotdown and turn on again , it will freeze in loading screen windows.

somebody have a way ?

0 Likes