cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ryadasu
Newcomer

No display signal in Windows at 144hz

So I've recently installed a new Sapphire RX 570 and was using a different Asus RX 570 before that (which broke, unrelated); please note that I did not have this issue with the Asus model nor with my old Nvidia graphics card I was using just a week ago so I have ruled out a bad cable or the monitor

When I switch my monitor (in the monitor's hardware settings via physical buttons mounted on it) from 60hz to 144hz, I do not get a display signal in Windows

I can see the BIOS menu and pre-boot information, but as soon as I get to the Windows login screen the display drops out and all I see is black.

When I switch my monitor back to 60hz I can once again see Windows... but I would really like to use my monitor at 144hz as that is why I bought it

Affected monitor is a Samsung C24FG73 connected via Display Port, with two additional monitors connected with HDMI and DVI (other monitors still have signal when the C24 drops out)

Hardware:

i5-4690k, Sapphire RX570 Pulse 4GB, AsRock Z97 Extreme 4, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO (boot drive), 1TB Samsung F3 (storage), Corsair HX850

Software:

Windows 10 Pro x64 1803, AMD Radeon 18.12.2

0 Likes
1 Solution
akeeller
Adept II

I have almost the same problem with the same monitor, but an Asus RX 580. Try to set DisplayPort version to 1.1 in your monitor's OSD. It works for me, but it's very frustrating, since you can't enable both 144Hz and FreeSync.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
akeeller
Adept II

I have almost the same problem with the same monitor, but an Asus RX 580. Try to set DisplayPort version to 1.1 in your monitor's OSD. It works for me, but it's very frustrating, since you can't enable both 144Hz and FreeSync.

0 Likes

Thanks so much! Absolutely fixed it. Going to move away from AMD in future because these issues are just ridiculous.

0 Likes

It’s ridiculous, I agree. I’m still trying to understand if it’s an hardware or driver related issue.

I have found an RX Vega 64 for € 389,00 with 2/3 games included (don’t know why not all of them) and bought it and I should receive it between today and tomorrow. I’m too curious to find out what’s the true.

Unfortunately, my 580 always gives me many emotions, in addition to the one described by you, like artifacts and so on.

0 Likes

Just out of curiosity, did the Vega 64 fix the issue?

0 Likes

No! In the end, the problem was the monitor 

I tried 2 different C27FG73 and both with the same problem. What a mess.

I definitely switched to LG and had no more problems so far.

0 Likes

Nah, much better to just turn off Freesync...;)  I don't have it and have never missed it!

Or, just get yourself a decent Freesync 2 monitor:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/aoc-superfast-freesync2

0 Likes