cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CrazyLemur
Journeyman III

No display output after Adrenalin 21.9.2 install and reboot

As the title states I installed the newest version of Adrenalin because I tried to play Limnus Gate and it had an UE4 crash error on loading into my first game. I rebooted as required by the install and now am just getting black screens on all monitors, so I can't even get into BIOS. I tried plugging a monitor into the MB hoping maybe video output was being routed there but no luck.

My computer has windows 10 pro I believe, with a powercolor red dragon 5700 xt, MB is a brand new asus b450 and cpu is a ryzen 5 3600. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
craniumbox
Journeyman III

After the update my now keeps resetting the connection to Display Port 1 and flickering my screen for about 2 minutes into Windows after boot up then goes away. Something buggy about this driver.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only installs the Radeon driver, not the Adrenalin software. Deactivate network card beforehand, delete all graphics and monitor drivers with DDU in safe mode. After restarting the previously downloaded 21.9.2 under the option only install drivers and monitor drivers, restart and only then activate the network card. This prevents Windows Update and the installation of the Microsoft AMD driver, which can otherwise lead to problems. I use the MSI Afterburner instead of adrenaline. With GPU-Z you can see the data of your graphics card under Lookup and set it accordingly in Afterburner (5 profiles possible) and check it with a graphics benchmark such as FurMark.

0 Likes

i don't know how you do it, but i can't execute the downloader withour having an internet connection

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Du musst vorher die Radeon Adrenalin Software in den Downloadordner herunterladen und bei mir klappt es dann ohne Netzwerk. Vieleicht noch vorher Ausführen msconfig und in Dienste die beiden AMD Dienste deaktivieren.

0 Likes

Hello CrazyLemur,

From what you describe you should be getting a basic splash screen at initial (re)boot time, if not I'd recheck both connections at your GPU out and display. As this is prior to a software issue be it legacy or UEFI. Make sure for simplicity sake, use a single display only. Motherboard display outs will only work with APU's while your Ryzen lacks a iGPU. Hopefully you just had chosen the wrong cable as you did imply you were using multiple displays. Keeping things simple, step by step make life easier.

If these didn't resolve the basic ability to access your BIOS, then one may need to possibly reseat the GPU and check motherboard BIOS error codes which long ago were merely beeps. If need, one should be able to find a visual tutorial online.

Should you be able to access your BIOS, then I'd check the settings there should you have issues booting to your operating system. i.e. Windows bootable/MBR/UEFI

My habit these days are to install the most recent Chipset drivers prior to Display drivers, yet after checking for any operating system updates (especially Windows) as many have issue's which they may need to update to a new Release in many cases.

One of my newest habits is to check for a new Win 10 installer provided by Microsoft notably called Media Creation Tool, whereas last week I believe would be 21H1. Using it to bring a Win 10 to a more recent release than going through all the updates and step by step issues faster and cleaner in my honest opinion. 

Create Windows 10 installation media @  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes