cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KoiTheBot
Adept I

No Dialogue Audio in any game HELP

So I'm not sure how to fix this problem, I've tried numerous solutions but nothing seems to fix this permanent audio bug across all of the steam games I play. So around two weeks ago, I bought Dying light 2 and I was disappointed not because the game was bad but because I wasn't able to hear any characters in cutscenes talk unless I was using a headset and since I'm the kinda person who doesn't play with a headset, this was annoying but considering I had heard a lot of buggy things about DL2, I assumed it was with the game.

But after I went over to another game, the error persisted. I've uploaded a recording as an example of me starting up a game called "Detroit become Human" and as you can tell right as it starts up, the menu assistant (Chloe) talks but no sound is heard at all. If you pay very VERY close attention, It sounds really distant and this is on 100% audio too.

I've done numerous things such as updating graphic and audio drivers both Nvidia and AMD as well as the laptops own and I've rolled back recently installed drivers, uninstalled steam and reinstalled, ran memory scans, "bug-fixing" programs. One thing I've noticed is that looking at my connected playback devices, AMD and Nvidia High definition audio devices are "unplugged" which is weird considering I thought they're supposed to be connected at all times. But sadly, I've tried to re-enable them by reinstalling audio drivers and updating graphic drivers but nothing has changed that status again, I'm unsure if that's the initial reason for the audio bug.

Screenshot 2022-05-05 174420.png

PLEASE someone tell me a solution! I can't play any games with no characters talking. Note that I can hear everything else except the characters talking. I've confirmed it's not for one or two games but all of them.

Specs; 

Asus Tuf Gaming A15                                                                       
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti                                                              
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

1 Solution

I managed to fix the problem by disabling sound enhancements in properties. Now I can finally play my games properly. Thanks for putting me in the right direction

View solution in original post

7 Replies
KoiTheBot
Adept I

Oh yeah, I kinda posted here because no other support page would allow videos or screenshots.

0 Likes

I've been playing DL2 since launch, no issue with NPC audio, but i see you have a laptop with Nvidia card (which is what should be in use with games), so may be a problem on their end.

You may do better asking on the nv forum site.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Alright thanks

0 Likes
nintendoeats
Adept I

Double check that you have your sound device configured for stereo. The only reasonable explanation I can think of for this kind of issue affecting multiple games is that it is set to 5.1 surround sound. Cutscene dialog typically comes primarily out of the center channel, and since you presumably don't HAVE a center channel you therefore would expect speech to be barely audible.

You can check this by clicking the configure button in the sound control panel

nintendoeats_0-1652062582090.png

This audio device only supports stereo, but if it supported surround there would be other options in this menu.

0 Likes

I managed to fix the problem by disabling sound enhancements in properties. Now I can finally play my games properly. Thanks for putting me in the right direction

I created an account here just so I could comment and thank you.  I've been trying to fix this issue for such a long time and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am now that it's fixed lol.  

0 Likes
WhipeerSnapper26
Journeyman III

Man pls help me ı have the same problem.My pc is asus tuf gaming a15 and it is fx506lı

ı dont know but the ı have same problem no dialogue audio in game different games or.PLS help

0 Likes