cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nubetak
Journeyman III

Re: No Check for Updates option in AMD Radeon Settings

bro i have same issue, how to solved this problem ? i cant see option for update my driver

0 Likes
Sevver
Journeyman III

So i have the same **bleep** problem Sir. i did the regedit trick, that fixed it but than i couldn't see the update section anymore. So now i am stuck with all the time, reinstalling the Adrenalin software and making it auto update. than i works again for a couple of hours/days. before showing the "drivers do not match software" error. 

So with your fix until now you haven't reencountered the error again? it is completely fixed and remains showing the "update" section in the AMD software app? 

sincere regards, 

i am glad i am not the only one with this problem lol.  

0 Likes
Derekf
Adept I

I’m having same problem I have 2 pc 5600x with 6800xt gpu. Update is fine on Radeon software but on my other pc 5800x with 6900xt there is no update option. Try reinstalling but no luck 

0 Likes
spoonmann
Journeyman III

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb205

Fixed this problem for me. At least for now. I suggest you to change the device instalation setting back to YES after installing radeon software since you are deactivating all automatic updates for your applications.

0 Likes
Rohit_02
Journeyman III

What is the special tool?

0 Likes
sobitthen
Journeyman III

I have had the exact same problem since they started this software.

Update or up-to-date are there 1 day, missing when you need it..

I have no clue on how to fix it, have had this issue for what seems like years now..

only 2 times was I able to find it and use it to get an update, I just go to website, like I have for over a decade, and pick a driver...

Wish they would get on the ball and fix this stuff...

0 Likes
altenbach
Adept I

My solution described in my post above from 10-07-2020 still works perfectly since applied.

Apparently, Microsoft (in their infinite wisdom!) remove the tool from their page. However, it can still be found in other places The name of the tool is "wushowhide.diagcab" and there are still a few reliable third party sites where you can get it. Just do a google search, then follow my instructions.

(Note that while this fix continues to work for me, I am not sure if the tool will still work in future windows updates. There might be a reason Microsoft no longer offers it. Still, IMHO, this is something that Dell and AMD need to ultimately fix on their end)

0 Likes
sobitthen
Journeyman III

I just used that global settings option, or where ever it was, that turned off video from optional updates.

Will see if it works, otherwise will just keep updating off their website with a refresh every time...

0 Likes
lucianobfjunior
Journeyman III

@altenbach THANK YOU very much for digging into this and finding this resolution. It worked to me as of today (06/26/21).

I just created my account to express my gratitude.

Thanks again.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
sobitthen
Journeyman III

If you do this global settings option, make sure you remember what you did as if you want to update the drivers at all, you will need to revert, and then enable that again or the driver installation will fail.

So if you cannot install drivers or update drivers after using this method, you need to be aware of this in case you wish to update or install...

0 Likes