Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chromb
Journeyman III

No Check for Updates option in AMD Radeon Settings

Hello

So firstly, I want to explain the scenario before the missing “Check for updates". I encountered this popup error when opening AMD Radeon Settongs (Right click on desktop) after few days of updating driver.

2 weeks ago, I updated my processor which is AMD Ryzen 7 3750H and successfully installed. I can still open AMD Radeon Settings back then and I can also see the check for updates option. But today, I can't open amd radeon settings but I manage to find a fix. I fixed this issue with the regedit fix that I have found in the internet. I can now open the AMD Radeon Settings again but I am having a hard time finding where is the “Check for updates" option. I used to see this option before but it is gone now. Is it because my driver is already up to date? or maybe the option is gone due to the Popup error I got last time?

Also my windows is already updated. 

Pls. Help thank you in advance for the answers.

41 Replies
KevBoom
Journeyman III

So I found a new solution today. First how I got to the issue: I have Windwos 10 home 64 bit. I installed optional windows updates in start -> settings Updates & Security -> view optional updates -> i checked all drivers and hit update. After that the issue happend like descriped in the post. 

How I fixed it: 

I went to device installation settings (I searched it in the cortana search in the task bar) and klicked on "no" and hit save. Then I restartet. After that I reinstalled the newest AMD Adrenaline Software (https://www.amd.com/en/support) with autoinstaller. In the installation I ticked the "Factory Reset (Optional)"-checkbox and did the full install and restartet my pc after the instalation manager asked me to. After that the driver & software area in the Adrenaline Software reappeared and then I had to update one more time. After that i restarted again then my pc crashed one time and everything is fine again. 

Before I installed without factory reset but that didn't fix the issue. The factory reset just resets the drivers and uninstalls the old ones from windows.

Hope I could help

0 Likes

@KevBoom wrote:

I went to device installation settings (I searched it in the cortana search in the task bar) and klicked on "no" and hit save. 

This will of course have much wider implications, because it will block ALL manufacturers apps, not just this particular video driver extension. We can expect more side effect. YMMV.