cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

No automated overclocking found on 21.9.1 or 21.9.2

After installing the new graphics drivers which included the auto overclocking feature for both gpu and cpu, I've come to find that for some reason it doesn't show up, the only thing that I can auto overclock is the gpu itself. I've cleaned the system twice for each driver release with amd's clean up utility and still nothing after a clean install. Is there some sort of driver or code issue on my system specifically for this to occur? Would gladly appreciate if someone has any info on this bug/issue.   

0 Likes
1 Solution

@AssaultDonkey 

Ok was just to make sure   

Faced the same issue with 21.9.1 and I did also tried to clean install with AMD cleanup tool or DDU and nothing worked.

Only solution that worked for me, was to reinstall windows and then reinstall AMD software and then it did worked fine.  

I updated today to 21.9.2 without any issue this time, so really not sure what was the issue with 21.9.1. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Automatic Overclocking of a Ryzen processor is done either in BIOS settings or using Ryzen Master.

Since you didn't post any computer information I am just guessing you have a Ryzen processor.

0 Likes

My bad, should of listed it but I own a 5600x and rx6800 xt which from the release notes of 21.9.1 says you can now have the software overlock the cpu automatically if you have ryzen 5000 series and rx 6000 series products together. Also, the smart access can't be enabled anymore as before 21.9.1 it was enabled.  

Yes I do see under "FIXED ISSUES" it mentions about that feature being missing in older drivers in the latest AMD Driver:

Fixed Issues

• In Radeon™ Software, the CPU Additional Metrics section within the Performance tab may be missing for some users.
  • Some users may receive a compatibility error message when they attempt to load a previously saved tuning profile.
  • While playing Hitman™ 3 on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT, users may experience an issue where water along the shores becomes missing.
  • The Auto Overclock feature for CPU in Radeon™ Software may be missing for some users with an AMD Ryzen™ 5000 series processor and AMD Radeon™ 6000 series graphics card.

I suggest you open a AMD Service Request and let them know that in your Computer setup the Auto Overclock feature is still missing from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Thanks, i've overlooked the patch notes myself and was surprised that this issue already got attention. Already sent amd support a ticket with as much info as possible. Hopefully none of this happens to anyone else! 

0 Likes
kodo28
Adept III

@AssaultDonkey

Did you also installed latest chipset drivers ? 

Yes, I've made sure to install every driver possible after a clean wipe with the amd clean kit.  

@AssaultDonkey 

Ok was just to make sure   

Faced the same issue with 21.9.1 and I did also tried to clean install with AMD cleanup tool or DDU and nothing worked.

Only solution that worked for me, was to reinstall windows and then reinstall AMD software and then it did worked fine.  

I updated today to 21.9.2 without any issue this time, so really not sure what was the issue with 21.9.1. 

Thats what ill probably end up doing unless the amd support tech find a solution. It seems like conflicting drivers because Ryzen master wont intall properly on these new drivers.    

0 Likes

Do you have Easytune or any other tuning software installed? Did you try uninstalling them?

0 Likes