cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

crazybatkin
Adept I
Adept I

No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly

Jump to solution

Hello !!

I'm having an issue with the AMD Radeon Settings software. Everytime I try to open it, I get the message "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." But my AMD driver actually works fine. I can play games without any problem and the device manager tells me that my graphics card's driver is good. That started occuring after I uninstalled my AMD driver with DDU in safe mode. Then I did a fresh install with the latest driver. Everything worked fine but after 2 or 3 stops and starts of my computer (2 or 3 days), AMD Radeon Settings stops working and tells me this message everytime I launch it. Note that the first time I opened it, I disabled the radeon icon that is on the toolbar.

Setup :

Laptop Toshiba Satellite C55D-A-12E

APU : AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics

GPU : AMD Radeon HD 8400

Windows 10 64bit

Driver version : Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 (latest)

4GB of RAM

Message was edited by: Matt B

Edit title

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
crazybatkin
Adept I
Adept I

Re: No AMD graphics driver is installed or...

Jump to solution

I found something. Actually windows uptade was updating my amd drivers even though they were already working with the drivers I downloaded on your website. That's why I had this message saying "No AMD drivers installed..." I'm going to try to uninstall everything and after that first update them with windows update and then with your installer. Hope it'll work. If not, I'll have to disable windows update.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

14 Replies
redfury
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

1.Delete C:\AMD folder

2.Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 17.2.1 driver APU

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Correct AMD drivers for your laptop > APU

Laptop graphics update...How to

crazybatkin
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Strangely it worked this time... I suppose that's because I didn't disable the Radeon icon on the toolbar this time... Don't know but I don't wanna try to disable it and if it doesn't work then do all the ddu stuff a fourth time.

Should I close this post ?

0 Kudos
crazybatkin
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

No, I was wrong. Just forget what I wrote above. Now it's 4 days after I re-installed my drivers and Radeon Settings was working fine til now. But today, I started my PC and when I try to launch Radeon Settings, I get the same error message as said above: "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware." But I clearly installed the wright drivers and it was working fine til now. I didn't touched any settings and I can still use my drivers properly to play game like Minecraft or so.

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Have you taken the steps to prevent/delay Windows changing/installing graphics drivers automatically?

Windows 10 Forums

crazybatkin
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes. I disabled the automatic driver update. Is that what you were talking about ?

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

There are several different ways..some are more effective....as the article says. Use them all....also delete everything in the C:/AMD folder.

crazybatkin
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I found something. Actually windows uptade was updating my amd drivers even though they were already working with the drivers I downloaded on your website. That's why I had this message saying "No AMD drivers installed..." I'm going to try to uninstall everything and after that first update them with windows update and then with your installer. Hope it'll work. If not, I'll have to disable windows update.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

crazybatkin
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

We're about one week later, and it still works just fine ! Windows update was the problem. A big thank you, I hope it'll help other people. Should I close the post now ?