cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

saruman201
Adept I

No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly

Hi..
I installed clean windows 7 x64, then I downloaded and installed this driver:
radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-20.12.1-win7-64bit-dec8.exe

the device manager shows a yellow mark on my AMD card, and when I try to open Radeon Software, I get this message:
No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.

My laptop is Acer Aspire E1-572G

card is:  AMD Radeon™ HD 8750M

I will attach PrtSc of device manager and the error message.. thank you..amd.jpg

11 Replies
saruman201
Adept I

Hello?:smileysad:

0 Likes

AMD: worst company ever..

0 Likes
legendarion
Adept II

Try to find the Graphic Drivers at Acer's official site (www.acer.com). Acer should have the specific Drivers to the computer you have. I tried myself to look for Acer Aspire E1-572G on the "Drives and manuals", but not sure if you have entered the name correctly since it doesn't show on the list of the category.

0 Likes

Thanks man for replying, but actually I tried it (though it is very old) and tried many other versions, some of them gave me bluescreen of death, and others gave no AMd is installed when I try to open radeon software

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4867amd6.jpg

0 Likes

amd4.jpg

0 Likes

Hm... I see. And it's a very typical thing/problem. I have encountered with that myself when I used to help people with their laptops. And I have never understood why that happens. Send Acer a mail about it and maybe they can help you with that.

However, since your laptop is old, the graphic card itself could be slightly damaged. Even if it works otherwise, if you know what I mean. Wich could be the the case here. I have seen that once when I was about to fix a laptop wich was an Acer.

0 Likes

It happened to me like 2 yrs ago, and I can't remember how it was sloved.. When I installed windows it happened again.. I'm in contact with Acer, but they are giving me older versions to try, getting more blue screens of death :(
0 Likes

Is there a way to test if the GPU is working fine or not? Maybe the yellow mark in device manager does not affect its performance?
0 Likes

1. Not sure if it'll work, but try this (may work or not, worth the try at least): Deactivate the Intel HD Graphic on the Device Manager. (Or uninstall it.)

2. Make sure to use only the AMD graphic Driver. ;P ;)

3: The Intel may disturb the actual Driver. (?)

0 Likes

amd5.jpg

0 Likes
klenderman21
Journeyman III

im using assus laptop and i got the same issue even tho my driver is installed and had no issue when i check device manager. and it still saying my amd driver is not installed or not working properly 

0 Likes