Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

quyen
Journeyman III

No AMD graphics driver installed, or

Hi,

I have been getting the below error message following an update about a week ago.  Everything seems to be functioning.  I have c:\AMD directory and an 'AMD Settings' option from the start menu which does not work.  In Device Manager I only have one display adapter listed - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.  This is a hand-me-down and I'm not familiar with "stuff" (sorry).  I have read some of the posts here, but am a little puzzled still and uncertain as to the best cause of action.

Error: No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware. 

My desktop setting is a HP -- Intel CORE i5-4570 -- Windows 10 -- 64 bit -- 8GB RAM.

Please help.  Thank you kindly.

0 Likes
1 Solution

No problem glad it is working. 
FYI I know that the bios updates can be scary. You got lucky as you really don't want to assume it is frozen on a black screen. It can still be updating and brick the system. So glad it worked out.

For the future know that I have had some bios updates take as much as 15 minutes to come back and most don't give you any progress indicators. 

For the future when you buy a board look for ones that also have a bios flash button on the back IO port area. They allow you to flash from a usb thumb drive and work even if a normal flash fails. 

So glad you are working, good job!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Make sure you have the latest bios installed for that motherboard. Often that fixes these issues. You can also try setting the motherboard to defaults if it is on the latest bios. Also make sure the board is initializing the pcie slot first that the card is installed in and not the onboard graphics. 

If that doesn't help I would try running DDU from wagnardsoft.com next followed by a fresh driver install. 

0 Likes

Thank you for responding to me.  I was nervous about updating the BIOS and after reading HP support articles, I did it anyway.  My PC froze on a black screen in the process, but booted up alright after a forced restart.  I now have the latest BIOS version.  The warning did not go away though.  It seems all I had installed was 'AMD Settings' and after uninstalling this, the prompt went away.  Hopefully, that is all there is to it as I am hesitant to open up the box.  Thanks again for your time.

0 Likes

No problem glad it is working. 
FYI I know that the bios updates can be scary. You got lucky as you really don't want to assume it is frozen on a black screen. It can still be updating and brick the system. So glad it worked out.

For the future know that I have had some bios updates take as much as 15 minutes to come back and most don't give you any progress indicators. 

For the future when you buy a board look for ones that also have a bios flash button on the back IO port area. They allow you to flash from a usb thumb drive and work even if a normal flash fails. 

So glad you are working, good job!

It was scary and I'm glad too!  I'll be sure to remember to your advice.  Thanks so much.

0 Likes