cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kiptrob
Journeyman III

No AMD driver installed after the update on the 21.2.1 ver.

Hello so i wanted to update my amd radeon driver. I had the AMD radeon ver. 20.12.1 and there was a new update available so i went right ahead and installed it. After restarting for some reason the size of the icons and apps exc. was bigger but i fixed that, i went to settings and chose the 125% instead of 150% scaling. After that i went to open the radeon software but for some reason i dont have any AMD driver installed after the driver update. Seeing that i didnt have any drivers installed i went ahead and ran the amd radeon installer tool in which i installed the 20.12.1 ver. again with no problems whatsoever. I tried again updating and installing the 21.2.1 ver. but i got the same issues again. If someone can help me on this. What should i do, should i keep this version of the driver until a newer one comes? 

Any help is rly appreciated.

Ram: 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

GPU: Radeon Vega 8 Graphics 

0 Likes
1 Solution

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-gr...

I would do a clean install of the drivers using either DDU (in safe mode) or choose the option to 'clean install " when the driver package starts.

Also make sure you have Windows Update delayed/stopped from automatically installing 'updates'.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-gr...

I would do a clean install of the drivers using either DDU (in safe mode) or choose the option to 'clean install " when the driver package starts.

Also make sure you have Windows Update delayed/stopped from automatically installing 'updates'.

Thanks a lot man. Tried a clean install and everything's absolutely fine. THANK YOU

Glad to help..Game On