cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

radimakk
Journeyman III

no adio

after I installed latest drivers, after rebooting my PC the audio suddenly stopped working could I get some help please ? I have Radeon RX 570, and the drivers are version 20.3.1

0 Likes
2 Replies
cimamura
Adept II

Hello radimakk

I do hope this helps, as I had the same issues with several drivers. I will try to be detailed without too many words. First, open 'Volume Mixer' by right clicking the sound icon in your taskbar (if you have it showing), this will bring up the small window with volume controls. Click 'System Sounds', then click the tab 'Playback'. Make sure your usual default sound input device is selected. Ive had new drivers for some reason change this to AMD HD Audio.

If that doesnt work, right click the Windows Icon in the bottom left corner, and select 'Device Manager'. Next, click 'Sound, video and game controller'. If it shows 'AMD High Definition Audio Device', go ahead and right click, then click 'Uninstall Device', box pops up, click the box that asks to delete software, and continue. Once thats one and its gone, restart computer, and let Windows install the HD Driver. It should show back up in Device Manager. Your sound should have defaulted back to normal.

Hope this helps, good luck!

0 Likes

Hello and thanks for quick respond, I have tried uninstalling the AMD High definition audio device in device manager but the thing is when I restart the computer the AMD high definition audio device is back like nothing has changed

0 Likes