cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

simeongg
Adept II

Nigh light functionality don't work, when PC wake from sleep.

Hello,

my PC:

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D

MB - Asus ROG Strix X570-E, latest BIOS  4602

Video card - Asrock PG OC 7900XTX

RAM - 4x 8GB Patriot ViperSteel 4000@3733 - 16-16-16-32@1.37V

NVME Windows Drive - Samsung 980PRO 1TB

Windows 11 22H2 - build 22621.1555

PSU - 1000W Asus

I report issue, but want to hear, if there is other people with this problem on driver version 23.4.2, like me. On my PC, after wake PC from sleep and Night light is ON, PC wake up with Night Light off, no matter that in settings is still ON. If re-enable it work again. There is no such issue with older 23.4.1 driver version.

0 Likes
1 Solution
simeongg
Adept II

With driver version 23.5.1 problem is resolved.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
gilardes
Adept II

Same here.

Driver version 23.4.2 obviously broke night light.

And it's a huge bummer for someone like me whose eyes are way too used to the night light.

Edit: This was so unbearable to me that I ended up reverting to 23.4.1. Hell, I even installed a third party app (f.lux) to solve this although I didn't like the idea one bit. But the drivers had an issue even with that app.

0 Likes
gilardes
Adept II

Seems there is a new driver update (23.4.3).

I am kind of hesitant to go ahead and download it. Pretty sure you would be too.

But if you happen to get it, please let me know if it also breaks night light or if it is ok to get it.

New driver update (23.4.3) also broke Night Light.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

It was expected though. There are a lot of people who never use night light. And there are those few of us who practically live with it. Naturally, it doesn't become a hot discussion topic.

I hope they eventually note this problem down (which I doubt, honestly). Otherwise, I'll have to forever stick with 23.4.1

0 Likes

Workaround is just after sleep to manually re-enable NightLight. Will wait for may driver update to fix this issue and idle power drain

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

Mine works normal.

From sleep or from fresh boot start or from when my monitor turn off byitself but windows still running. Night light always on.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes

I am with 7900XTX and HDR10 Monitor@1440P with second TV display@1080pNight light doesn't work after wake up from sleep on booth displays.

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

maybe because 2 monitors?

I just have 1 monitor and night light works normal for me. I use DisplayPort.

0 Likes

I still believe it's some bug in 7900XTX, latest normal working driver is still 23.4.1.

simeongg
Adept II

With driver version 23.5.1 problem is resolved.

Hope for the best. AMD next driver release often make what fixed back to error.