cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cuzhate
Journeyman III

Next Stable B350 Chipset driver?

Any chance of a newer one coming out for more stability and performance enhancements last one was 11/21/2022?

0 Likes
5 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

"more" stability? ..does your system currently have "less" stability?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Yes, after installing this newest chipset driver I have 4x8gb G Skill clocked at 3800mhz cl14 1900flck paired with a Ryzen 9 5900x never any problems until after installing it made my ram clocks switch to 1800mhz and every time I try to revert it back via bios it switches it back? I am so confused it did this immediately after the installation and restart of the PC and yes, I uninstalled the chipset to revert to the old version but doesn't it doesn't work now so yeah that's why I said what I said.

0 Likes

Is your BIOS up to date? ..have you tried upping your RAM voltage a smidge?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Yes, bios has been updated since May 2022 bios version 6042 and yes my ram voltage was at 1.5 volts for 3800mhz cl14 but when I try to apply it and restart it reverts back. 

0 Likes

The issue is not with the AMD Chipset driver since they don't load until Windows loads but with either your BIOS or RAM.

Sounds like BIOS sees something it doesn't like with your RAM and reverts it to the configuration that will work.

This happened to me once when I misconfigured my RAM settings in BIOS once.

First do a CMOS CLEAR to reset your BIOS to its Default status and see if you can now overclock it to 3800Mhz.

Remove all your RAM Stick except the one in DIMM Slot A2 and see if you can overclock it to 3800Mhz. If not then add a second RAM Stick to Dimm Slot B2 and do try to configure 3800Mhz.

What is your RAM Part Number and Motherboard Make & Model?

0 Likes