cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aane11
Adept I

Re: Newest Radeon Adrenalin update brakes MSI Alpha 15 A3DD completely!

I have been using bios version 10C. Is the newer update of bios better or does it cause any issue? If it helps my laptop to function better and does not cause any issue, then I ll update my bios.

Also, I have been using the drivers MSI provided on their support site. Although most of my games work, I still feel that the these drivers can't optimize the games to their maximum. The only good thing is that there are no more BSOD errors. After reverting to the MSI drivers, the bsod problem is gone. Now, As i have seen in the replies, there are no latest stable drivers for alpha 15 available at the moment. I keep checking this thread so that I can know from you guys about any new drivers or solution  for this model. I did contact MSI, asking them to help regarding the latest drivers but they keep telling me to use the drivers MSI provided and run Dragon centre in extreme performance mode.

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

If you don't get anymore bsod, avoid updating anything for the time being, especially if you don't feel the need to.

According to one msi's thread on the same issue, it seems removing completely dragon center solves the issue:

recurring BSOD (0xA0000006) on new alpha 15 

This might be a better way for those who want to use latest AMD driver and no bsod... But this solution is still to be confirmed.

0 Likes
alexrivus
Adept II

In case some of you guys are Linux fans, I just tried Ubuntu 20.04 and it runs pretty well, but the performance isn't that high as on windows due to the fact that the video card is still new.

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

Yesterday i got one gpu driver update from windows Updater and it was 26.20.13031.24001 With march 12- 2020 i am adding the screenshot just have a lookdevice1.png

device3.pngIMG_20200418_194450.jpg

0 Likes
alexrivus
Adept II

I also got this one, not sure what it is exactly but not exactly AMD Driver per se as far as I understand. Any performance improvements or anything else that you've noticed after the install? 

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

It's exactly the same but don't know why Radeon lite didn't detected this one.Also my laptop restarts while playing heavy games like call of duty mode warfare with Aderline 20.4.1 because the CPU temperature goes upto 90°-97 sometimes

0 Likes
alexrivus
Adept II

Whoa that's too hot.

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

Hey bro ,

I can hear a click sound from internal speaker whenever there is prompt message from windows(Eg .Admin request permission) or when you increase or decrease the volume suddenly from one end to another using the volume slider.I noticed that this is some driver issue since on Microsoft driver i can't find this issue

0 Likes
alexrivus
Adept II

MSI just uploaded a new driver yesterday (26.20.13031.24001(19.30.31.24WHQL), it's weird that it's not the "2020 edition" but it's the only new one we have from the manufacturer.

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

I only notice this when computer starts. I suppose it was due to sound driver being loaded by windows.

Anyhow, did you try to the following:

go on nahimic website and download the nahimic 3 package with drivers,

uninstall all nahimic stu,, realtek audio console and driver,

install drivers from nahimic package, then nahmic, then realtek audio console from ms store

0 Likes