cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aane11
Adept I

Re: Newest Radeon Adrenalin update brakes MSI Alpha 15 A3DD completely!

So I just got the alpha 15 and I updated to the latest amd drivers. Now I am facing bsod randomly (Which you guys are facing as well). Any solution which will atleast stop bsod (0xa0000006). Will revert back to original drivers if it stops bsod atleast. 

0 Likes
aane11
Adept I

Also, this happened after I installed adrenalin 2020 edition 20.2.2

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

First thing do this :

Please go to System - System info - Advanced system settings - Settings in Startup and Recovery - select "Small memory  (256 KB)" in "Write debugging information". If the crash happens again, please send us the mini dump file. 
So could you do that and next time you got the 0xa0000006 bsod, could you send them the mini-dump using https://register.msi.com/service/ocss  (my support >  web ticket) 
SECOND:
Wait for there reply and provide them necessary info.
Third:-
-Download msi vga driver from the website
-uninstall the gpu from c:\Program Files\AMD\CIM\BIN64\
-Amd CleanUp Utility 
-It will reboot in safe mode uninstall the drivers .
-Download DDU And uninstall the display drivers again(refer YouTube videos for more info)
-Now install the vga drivers that you downloaded from msi website.
Remeber that bsod will go but some issues like random system freeze, touchpad freeze on wake after sleep.Also some minor system performance issues will be there which are not there in latest drivers.
0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

First follow the above step to capture mini dump.Windows will store the mini dump file once your system gets BSOD .You can refer this video How To Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files On BSOD - YouTube  .

First contact msi from msi support->web ticket

0 Likes
aane11
Adept I

Also, Did anyone try a clean installation of windows? I heard that a clean installation of windows solves the issues in most cases.Can anyone cross check with this?

0 Likes
aane11
Adept I

I have contacted them and submitted my issue. Waiting for their response now.

Also, i just uninstalled the amd adrenalin drivers from the control panel (did not use amd clean up utility and ddu) and now i dont experience any bsod. I have been using my laptop for 2-3 hours for now and works fine till now. I am specifying this because before the uninstallation, i got 3-4 bsod randomly in the span of 2-3 hours. Will keep you guys updated.

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

If you clean install the windows still on installing Radeon 2.2 you'll the same bsod issue.So it's highly recommend that report the issue to msi first so that they'll come to know that this is something serious

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

Do NOT do that. In my case, only MSI's recovery feature get you a working windows (Reset this computer -> BSOD during install).

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

Bsod will come back again if he tries to install latest Amd drivers

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

New laptop? You should be using the drivers furnished by the manufacturer:

Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs 
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.

Support For Alpha 15 A3DD | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider | MSI Global 

Support For Alpha 15 A3DD | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider | MSI Global