cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elstaci
MVP

Re: Newest Radeon Adrenalin update brakes MSI Alpha 15 A3DD completely!

I deleted my reply since I misread the poor image of your BSOD error code as 0x0000006 and not 0xA00000006.

I suggest opening a thread at Sysnative website. They have a Forum for BSODs are considered experts from Microsoft.

Sysnative.com is the result of a vision of Microsoft MVP (2009-2015), John Griffith. John, known in forum communities as jcgriff2, specializes in Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Kernel dump analysis. John also enjoys a reputation as an expert Windows forensic troubleshooter, typically sought by Windows Vista and Windows 7 owners after all else has failed.

They should be able to tell you what your BSOD error code indicates and how to fix it from here: Sysnative Forums 

pseudo555
Adept III

I'll try that when 'ill get back home, as i have neither my laptop nor the mini-dump they'll probably ask.

Thanks for the tip.

I'll edit this message as soon as  I create a thread there.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Sysnative has their own specialized software to download to get all the information they need concerning BSODs.

Hopefully they might be of some help.

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

I hope.

Anyhow, here is my thread on their forum :

Recurring bsod 0xA0000006 on new laptop | Sysnative Forums 

kintan007
Adept II

Yesterday got 2 random bsod with same stop code as mentioned above and this this my wifi stopped working and i was unable to see WiFi under device manager.I have reported the case to msi.I request you guys to do the same and report to msi so that they can do something with and 

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

I am keeping track of your thread at Sysnative out of curiosity.

I downloaded the file you uploaded and was looking at your DXDIAG.txt.

It shows you are having problems with mainly two files:

1) Dragon Center Mystic Light - LightKeeperService.exe

2) AMD - MMLoadDrv.exe - This link explains about that specific file: https://www.file.net/process/mmloaddrv.exe.html 

But don't do anything until Sysnative tells you what to do. The above is just for your information only. Plus it may have nothing to do with the BSOD error you are getting.

pseudo555
Adept III

I do have some difficulties with dragon center:

* The tool to set the battery mode between "best for mobility / balanced / best for battery" doesn't work. When i change the setting it always come back to the first one.

* The GPU switch "MSHybrid / discrete" doesn't work either, got a fil popup each time. Probably because gpu drivber is not teh one expected by dragon center, thus failing to call something which is not there.

* The page telling what utility/driver is up-to-date or not propose me to install two things (can't remember the names) but fails silently (telling me downloading... installing... but version stay the same).

To be honest, if windows 10 x64 v2004 fix the bsod during install, i may try to get rid of all MSI's soft i don't need.

About your remarks on MMLoadDrv.exe, i might use DDU next time i'll update the gpu driver. I hope this will fix the problem.

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

I am on the old vga driver provided by msi and to be honest my system freezes randomly also the touchpad freezes for a second when you wake the system from sleep

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

When contacted, MSI asked me to:

Please go to System - System info - Advanced system settings - Settings in Startup and Recovery - select "Small memory  (256 KB)" in "Write debugging information". If the crash happens again, please send us the mini dump file. 
So could you do that and next time you got the 0xa0000006 bsod, could you send them the mini-dump using https://register.msi.com/service/ocss  (my support >  web ticket) ?
kintan007
Adept II

Hey i have sent them already the dump file and Hvc .csv file and got a reply from them :::::

Dear kintan Mourya,

Thanks for the useful information.
Regarding the problems on AMD generic driver, we will forward it to ADM and we will keep tracking these issues. But it will take much more time due to it's not MSI verified driver.

On the other hand, as previously mentioned, compared to AMD generic driver, the driver on MSI website has been verified and it's more stable and without BSOD problem. Although we already know there are some issues also happen on MSI driver, if we could find out the root cause or the specific scenario which may cause the problem, we can help you fix the problem as soon as possible. In this case, we still suggest you clean install the MSI driver, set the user scenario in "Extreme mode" with power adaptor plugged-in. 
Thanks again for your cooperation.

Thanks & Best Regards,
MSI Notebook Technical Application Department