cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kintan007
Adept II

Re: Newest Radeon Adrenalin update brakes MSI Alpha 15 A3DD completely!

Encountered the BSOd today randomly why performing some multitasking when the dragon center was at silent mode.The stop code error is same 0xa0000006

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

There is no BSOD issue with msi driver but that one is outdated most of the games don't run properly due to lack of optimization.

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

Hey,

Look we as a consumer have the right to report this issue and they have to fix and since this issue is so common with this laptop, they should come up with a solution. Its hardly not a month i bought this laptop and now this performs worst in terms of gaming with the old drivers and once you update ,you never known when you'll get BSOD

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

there is no custom installation for the 20.20 version

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

can you do one thing report this issue with msi at there web ticket ,i have done the same ,they'll only take actions when there are many reports 

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

I already did that.

They asked me two things:

* the mini dump generated by windows when the bsod occured

* to remove the gpu driver and use back the one they provided just to check if this solve the problem.

As i upgraded the ec firmware before they asked me that, and since i didn't get recurring bsod yet, i haven't do what they asked me too.

I just answer them that upgrading ec firmware did the trick in my case.

I'm not an heavy gamer. In my laptop's use case, it runs fine for the moment. I just hope it will last against windows or driver update.

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

From where did you updated other drivers i mean the one which you updated form manufacturers site as you mentioned

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

At the time of my post, i refered to the catalys 19.12 branch which has such option and issue.

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

Sadly, catalyst 2020.2.2 and last windows update seems to give me back the BSOD.

Thjis time i send the minidump to MSI. We'll see what solution they come back with.

0 Likes
bryanreginald
Adept I

Yup same with me. 2.2 brought back the bsod