cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mtahabal
Adept I

Re: Newest Radeon Adrenalin update brakes MSI Alpha 15 A3DD completely!

Firstly thanks. I did all the steps. Dragon Center is working fine right now and I have never experienced freezing. But the person in the video you mentioned is runing "AMD Cleanup Utility" from Local Disk C: Program Files after DDU steps. However after the DDU steps, there was no AMD folder in the Program Files. And I downloaded "AMD Cleanup Utility" manually. And I ran it. I hope I don't have a problem. Thanks again.

0 Likes
mtahabal
Adept I

image.png

0 Likes
alexrivus
Adept II

Hey Alpha 15 owners, I've found a way to reduce the usage of RAM by the APU from 2gb to 512. Works just fine and now I have 1.5gb more that by default. Long story short you need to go into advanced BIOS settings (right shift+right control+left alt+f2) and find the the GFX settings, pick "force" and pick 512.

0 Likes
alexrivus
Adept II

I can give more explanation and instructions if needed. 

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

16gb is enough for me and i guess for everyone.Vga also need some ram for proper performance.

0 Likes
alexrivus
Adept II

And you actually don't have 16. It's 13.9, check it if you want via Task Manager. 512 is more than enough for APU since all heavy things are being taken care of by the main GPU.

0 Likes
alexrivus
Adept II

I had this on my 8gb but after I updated it to 16 it just got lost. Did you updated your BIOS and VBIOS?

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

Bro you are right but the radeon lite driver is not capable enough for performance since most of the major task are used by vga.We can give a suggestion to them if possible 

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

Nice find ! 

I'll try that too next time i reboot the laptop (mine is also the 8Gb).

It would be even better if there was a way to completely disable the vega embedded in CPU and only use the navi one (5500m).

0 Likes
kintan007
Adept II

It's good to have more memory for your usage but keep in that if you completely relay on the GPU then your battery will drain a lot in day to day usage.They have probably made those implementation for stability and performance.Currently the latest drivers for rx5500m are not upto mark,if you have doubts you can use after burner+rivatuner to check the FPS and other stuff and compare them with online video on YouTube where they have been using Generic drivers

0 Likes