cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alexrivus
Adept II

Re: Newest Radeon Adrenalin update brakes MSI Alpha 15 A3DD completely!

I did it a couple of days ago. Yep, logined just fine.

0 Likes
alexrivus
Adept II

Hey guys there's a new BIOS update on MSI's website. Have some of you tried the new  E16U6AMS.10F. ???

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

Not sure it's all new, as some other users already had a 10f.

In my case, i'm still on 10e, and don't plan to change it for the moment as i didn't get any new bsod.

According to changelog :

New BIOS : E16U6AMS.10F
Release Date : 2020/05/22

1. Update EC to ver. 104.

2. Add "SVM Mode" & "IOMMU" item in BIOS setup menu.

If by EC they mean EC firmware, i already did it. But be warn of Ec Firmware 104 changes :

1. Under AC mode, set the lowest cpu fan speed to 2700RPM(45%) except silent mode.
2. Set DGPU software shutdown temperature to 108'C.

This make the computer a little bit noiser when in AC mode

IOMMU & SVM mode items are for virtualisation : 

Input–output memory management unit - Wikipedia 

x86 virtualization - Wikipedia 

So i guess MSI provide us a way to customize those a little more.

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

Now that win 10 2004 and catalyst 2020.5.1 are both available, who has tried to upgrade this laptop (with one, the other or both) ?

pseudo555
Adept III

Fyi, my laptop force itself to install the new win10 20h1 version (all others computers i have acces to doesn't even propose me to download it).

Anyhow, i let it do the install.

No bsod during the install, gpu driver was not updated, so far so good.

Edit:

After upgrade, i redo a windows update. When windows resart, i got a red message telling me firmware update is in progress, even if i didn't ask for it.

Now, my bios is 10f.

alexrivus
Adept II

Could you tell me your AMD driver version? 

0 Likes
pseudo555
Adept III

the one provided on msi spport page for my laptop.

I was worried the 20h1 would install the catalyst 2020.5.1 due to wlm 2.7 driver, but it didn't.

aane11
Adept I

So I have been using the latest amd drivers (20.5.1) for over a week now. The results are okay. I have not updated my laptop yet to the 20h1 version yet and the bios is still on 10C. The good news is that I have not faced a single BSOD issue yet. The cursor though, gets stuck at times (not often) when I right click the mouse. Also, I have faced my screen going all black once while i was in chrome playing some video. The reason behind it most probably was that my hardware acceleration was on. After turning it off, I have had no black screens till now. The videos played smoothly and there was no audio issue as well. 20.5.1 allows you to play the games with vulkan API without any issue (I wasn't able to play rainbow six siege on vulkan at its best optimization with the drivers from amd support site). The overall performance in gaming (comparing non vulkan games) is however, not much. The performance pretty much remains the same (maybe better consistency on fps) but there is hardly any difference.

pseudo555
Adept III

note: i just got a bios upgrade by windows update to .110

I don't know what have changed.

This upgrade also restore the 2Gb reservation for the integrated gpu. I change it back to 512Mb and it still runs fine.

0 Likes
alexrivus
Adept II

How's the new driver behaving overall? No BSODs after the last message? I'm not moving to it just cause I'm afraid that could stutter my work which is completely online. So, is it "safe" to go for the 20.5.1?

0 Likes