cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cryillic
Journeyman III

Newest AMD Radeon Software "Unplugged" Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

I recently had decided to update to the next compatible AMD software ( Adrenaline Version 20.5.1 ). Shortly after this, I realized my audio had gone out. After some investigating, I realized both my headset, microphone, and speakers were all disconnected, as well as my Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) driver. I tried updating it, no use. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Realtek High Definition Audio, no use. I took suggestions and disabled some things that could have interfered, still nothing. This has happened before in the past, which made me have to system restore back to when the previous version of AMD Software was installed, then everything was fine. Is this simply just the AMD software causing problems with my audio, or is there just something I haven't thought of? Thank you!

0 Likes
7 Replies

I can't see how the AMD driver would uninstall the Realtek Motherboard Audio drivers.

Does Device Manager show Realtek Audio driver installed or is it missing from Sound, Video, & Game Controllers?

What does Windows Sound Panel show?

If your Realtek Audio devices are not showing in Sound Panel, Right click on a icon and enable "Disabled and Disconnected Devices" and see if it shows up.

0 Likes
cryillic
Journeyman III

I have to enable "Show Hidden Devices" In order to see the driver and Realtek Audio in Sound, Video & Game Controllers. Both of them are visible, but they (as well as many other devices in "Sound, Video and Game Controllers") are displayed as disconnected when i access their properties.

None of my devices that are connected via Realtek show up, and i cannot access them as they are also displayed as "Disconnected", despite being plugged in.

0 Likes

Okay I need to know your computer information including Make & Model of your Motherboard, GPU, CPU and Windows, AMD Driver, & UEFI/BIOS versions currently installed.

By AMD Software, Are you talking about AMD Graphics package drivers or AMD CHIPSET package drivers?

0 Likes

Hi! Do we have answers on this? I have the exact problem here. Please solve it. Thank you very much!

0 Likes
bunnyhero
Journeyman III

did you solve this? i am having the exact same symptoms. thank you!

0 Likes
williacase
Journeyman III

When windows do a major update usually it updates your entire set of drivers along with it. Usually, 50% of their driver's catalog are faulty drivers.

So my advice would be to download the latest updates of the Intel graphics driver, AMD graphics driver, and Realtek driver, after that unplug from the internet and then uninstall those drivers ticking the delete option in uninstalling dialogue from the device manager. After that install the drivers Realtek first then Intel then AMD, that should fix you.

As for your second requirement, this is an audio driver-specific feature that apparently is removed from the driver that got updated from the Microsoft catalog. So all you can do is to cross your fingers and hope it wasn't deprecated and removed from the driver you are about to install.

Finally as a hint, with laptops with dual GPUs such as yours usually HDMI sound outputs through the Intel Display Audio driver as usually Intel's GPU is set to GPU 0 (Primary GPU), any other setup just means you have a conflict. And also be hinted that Intel Display Audio should not be visible in sound and video and game controller not unless the cable is connected to a compatible device, if unplugged the device disables and hides.

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Since Realtek and AMD High Definition Audio Device are both different audio hardware and use entirely different audio drivers on the same setup. 

Running both at the same time will cause audio driver conflicts.

Disable one of the drivers in the device manager and do a restart see if that fixes the issue.

0 Likes