cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TYEE0
Journeyman III

Newest AMD graphics driver causing extreme system lag

The model of my laptop is the Acer Aspire V5 122p 0647, with an AMD a4-1250 apu with Radeon HD 8210 graphics. The newest AMD adrenaline drivers have been causing lag to the point where the system is very difficult to use, even for simple tasks. If you know how to solve this, please tell me.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Navy_Guy
Journeyman III

I have the Acer Aspire V5-122P-0408 and have the same issue.

The easiest fix is to go through the Device Driver, select "Display Driver" and delete the driver.  Your display will immediately run smoothly.  Do not reload any Radeon driver, just let the system display come back up by itself after deleting the Radeon driver.

Each Win10 update will reload the broken Radeon driver, which you will need to delete each time to have a properly functioning display.  It's annoying, but only needs to be done after a major update.  I set up a shortcut that takes me directly to the Device Driver to minimize the annoyance. 

I have owned this laptop for about 7 years, and this is the best workaround I have found.

All the best!

--Navy_Guy

0 Likes

Always use the latest drivers from the brand's site when it comes to IGPs in notebooks. Driver version 16.40.3801 is the latest for your system.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4729?b=1

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

You should use the driver from the Acer website..

Product Support | Acer United Kingdom

They are 2017, but will be fully compatible..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
remzej
Journeyman III

I managed to solved this issue by using 2 driver versions v13 from Win8.1 x64 and v16 from Win10 x64.

Here is the workaround; 1st I installed the v13 & selected all packages. After installation we can see that the display adapter driver shows with exclamation. Next was, I installed the v16 and selected all packages except the HDMI driver. Thats it and no system lag after installation.

0 Likes