cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Quetzall
Adept II

New StoreMi drivers cause bsods on windows 11

I was very happy when I saw the new drivers for StoreMi and quickly turned into disappointment. After installing them on my windows 11 got non stop bsods, only when I managed to uninstall the drivers, the bsods stoped. Reverted back to windows 10 and the only bsod I got was on the restart. The rest has been stable so far under windows 10.

Is someone experiencing the same as me under windows 11?

54 Replies
Nuclear_rabbit
Journeyman III

It looks like this thread is pretty settled, However if the AMD Staff needs help reproducing or wants info, I have some crash logs that may help. Feel free to reach out to me.

0 Likes

For clarity, I'd say the we're all well settled on the fact that there's an issue. The thread is certainly not settled as in "the problem is fixed". There's still quite a big problem, StoreMi's latest version is and has been unusable.

0 Likes

AMD Needs to fix this , or hire me lol ,seriously i just fixed an issue with As-rock as well, why are we, the customers, fixing this **bleep**???????

to get this working ...........

you will need to know the location of the nvme storage controller that windows is on(i assume you installed windows to an nvme or ssd) You can get this from Device Manager under details ->location information. take a note of it before installation, store mi will install its own drivers.

Installation:

1: disable all startup apps and all non Microsoft services and reboot ..... this will let you install for those of you that get the install error.

Do NOT restart after install, you will get BSOD .... why ??? Below....

For my setup , i have 2 nvmes , and a mechanical. Windows resides on the  1st nvme. The Store MI Driver does not like it when windows is on a nvme, hence the BSOD. Why AMD, do i want to catch a SSD to begin with????????Anyway.

2: head back to Device Manager, locate the StoreMi Bottom Devce with macthing location info that you took earlier.

3: Update driver=>browse my computer=>Let me pick=>Standard NVme  Express Controller.

4: Now Reboot

wiresfired
Journeyman III

AMD Needs to fix this , or hire me lol ,seriously i just fixed an issue with As-rock as well, why are we, the customers, fixing this **bleep**???????

to get this working ...........

you will need to know the location of the nvme storage controller that windows is on(i assume you installed windows to an nvme or ssd) You can get this from Device Manager under details ->location information. take a note of it before installation, store mi will install its own drivers.

Installation:

1: disable all startup apps and all non Microsoft services and reboot ..... this will let you install for those of you that get the install error.

Do NOT restart after install, you will get BSOD .... why ??? Below....

For my setup , i have 2 nvmes , and a mechanical. Windows resides on the  1st nvme. The Store MI Driver does not like it when windows is on a nvme, hence the BSOD. Why AMD, do i want to catch a SSD to begin with????????Anyway.

2: head back to Device Manager, locate the StoreMi Bottom Devce with macthing location info that you took earlier.

3: Update driver=>browse my computer=>Let me pick=>Standard NVme  Express Controller.

4: Now Reboot

0 Likes

How are we supposed to get this to work if the pc won’t even boot into safe mode, as well as get it to boot at all?! 

0 Likes
groocik
Journeyman III

I love how amd basically has a file that corrupts your system on their website and they just don't give a **bleep** about it. And now y'all, me and probably many more yet to come get their windows corrupted with the only solution being reinstallation. Best **bleep**ing company ever.

0 Likes
KabouterPlop1
Challenger

If tryit this once and it never worked properly i ended up just using raid drivers instead and putting everything in raid0 except for nvme storage cos that breaks directstorage support.

0 Likes
vmanoj1996
Journeyman III

Faced the BSOD issue on Jan 4 2023. This trick worked for me,

• Login into command prompt and goto C:\windows\system32 folder. Sort by date. dir /OD I guess. Then delete the file created on the installation day.
  • Goto C:\windows\inf and repeat the process.
0 Likes
aegolk
Journeyman III

Thanks for sharing the issue. Sadly, I haven't seen this post beforehand, and ran into exactly the same issue on my Windows 10.

2023, February 14th, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600g, Gigabyte Aorus b550 pro ac, adata NVME.
The issue described above still persists. Too bad I haven't googled before installing, got various BSOD's , same as described above:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION
BAD_POOL_CALLER

Initiated Windows recovery via boot drive, it helped, and I'm thankful that there has been a recent recovery point.

As of february 2023, this software causes BSOD's and Windows 10 gets unable to load. Recovery helps.

This proves the point: having a Windows bootable usb is necessary. Linux Mint usb is optional.

I advise readers to check if their bootable windows usb is in working condition, and if possible, to make another, and maybe to make a linux one. Things happen, recovery helps, to be able to use recovery point requires to boot from win usb.

IMG_20230214_130314.jpgIMG_20230214_125734.jpg

0 Likes
nintendow131
Journeyman III

Had this today as well. Installed StoreMI, latest version, restart, after which Windows would BSOD (like others in this thread mostly BAD_POOLCALLER) after like 5 seconds on the desktop every time Managed to uninstall it, but barely; it said it couldn't, but it uninstalled mostly. I have an NVME SSD, there is no reason why it wouldn't work. Supported B450 chipset, supported processor, supported Windows etc. Simply unacceptable for a billion USD company making professional equipment. Who is respnsible for this nonsense?

Cpunimpressed
Journeyman III

Bsod after installing this today. I am a pro photographer and possibly lost a lot of clients work today. Why is this even available for download?

0 Likes
Cpunimpressed
Journeyman III

Has anyone been able to reset windows? I have windows 11 and even after a full clean reinstall I am still getting bsod. Please help

0 Likes

Then you didn't do a full, clean reinstall, or StoreMI drivers were reinstalled without your knowledge (e.g. coworker or household member or something like that). 

0 Likes
Cor669
Journeyman III

Any awnser yet I am sitting with the same problems after installing AMD store and updating 

0 Likes
Kugelblitz
Journeyman III

I was facing the exact same issue (non stop bsod), on windows 10. This was driving me crazy, had to switch back to an older windows restore point to fix it. Worst of all, at first I had no idea that the culprit was StoreMI (I was installing a lot of relevant drivers in quick succession, I knew one of them was the culprit). Wasted hours behind this  

0 Likes