cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dfrost
Journeyman III

New StoreMI 2 doesnt support M.2 NVMe drives as caching drives ?

Hi there,

I recently installed new storemi 2 beta on my r5 3600+ b450 system, the software recognizes my 1tb sata hdd and 250 gb nvme ssd but it wont let me create a storemi drive using this configuration ? can you tell me what is wrong ? 

at old versions of storemi my nvme ssd + hdd combo was working brillant.

It says "below cache devices are not applicable for selection" and as a explanation it says "Cache device is connected to a third party controller, please power down your system and then move the device to an eligible SATA controller for use with storemi."

can it be fixed ?

thanks.

Full Specs:

R5 3600 + Asrock B450 Pro4

1TB Western Digital sata III 7200RPM HDD + Samsung 970 Evo plus 250gb

0 Likes
4 Replies
chrisb123
Adept II

I have a message about it being not eligible except its for the HDD it claims the SSD is fine

0 Likes
charnet3d
Journeyman III

Hi, I was having the same issue and I just found the solution to it. If you have the Samsung NVMe Express driver installed you should remove it as StoreMI considers it a third party controller. After I did that it gives me another message "Cache device must have no data and no partition" because I'm using the NVMe as boot device with Windows installed on it, I think this needs its own device exclusively for cache, so windows will have to be installed on an HDD (just my speculation).

0 Likes
Wmarcus070115
Journeyman III

Only thing I can think of is it needs to be installed on the hdd,  or if your hdd has intel optane that might be the third party controller 

0 Likes
RyZEN1
Staff

Check the board Spec for SATA Ports availability and mappings.

EG:

- 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug*
- 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug*

The reason StoreMI doesn't allow to choose HDD could be because it is connected to one of the "- 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug*" ports which is not support by StoreMI.

All you need to do is change the SATA cable to connect to one of the "- 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug*" port and try StoreMI again. In this case the HDD should be accessible and eligible.

0 Likes