cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: New Sapphire RX590 Nitro+ crashing my system. Any help would be appreciated.

If you go to AMD Settings Display Tab. There should be an option to check your HDMI cable is o.k. 

The "black squares floating" bit had me concerned. Are you overclocking your GPU memory? 
The RX 590 Series Sapphire NITRO+ GPU should be able to run 1080p fine and new DX12/Vulkan games at 2K at ~  75 FPS /Hz at reasonably high settings. So high refresh rate (120-144Hz) 1080p monitor or 75Hz 2K is probably reasonable with that GPU. Make sure you get one with FreeSync and if you do intend to run 2K gaming then try to get one with LFC. 

0 Likes
rzaevdima
Journeyman III

Re: New Sapphire RX590 Nitro+ crashing my system. Any help would be appreciated.

Добавлю что у меня монитор ультраширокий 2560-1080  75Гц  amd FreeSync подключение по displayport 1.2, я тоже думал что пробема в мониторе или в проводе потому что при загрузке игр и виндовс проскакивала полоса артефаков горизонтально экрана, затем система перезагружалась в разное время.  Никакие манипуляции не помогут! Ни настройки ватман, изменение частот,смена проводов питания видеокарты и т.д. не помогли. Все прошло только после установки виндовс 10 лицензия, последней версии драйвера и установил переключатель биос на самой видеокарте на 2000Мгц памяти.  и все)

0 Likes
sylectric
Journeyman III

Before i applied those settings after loading a game, the monitor would display no signal everytime, the only solution being a manual reboot. but now the only game crashes to desktop after a minute or so after launching a game. Another concern of mine is my monitor only has a native resolution of 1360*768 so may be my monitor just cant handle the power of the graphics card and i am not overclocking my gpu either, it's running at the default frequency.

0 Likes
sylectric
Journeyman III

Is the gpu backwards compatible with older hdmi versions. As far as i know my monitor doesn't support hdmi 2.0. It should be 1.4 or less. Does this has any effects while gaming and another issue is i can't run any benchmarks too. Recently tried timespy and other 3dmark tests and it crashes. I noticed that this only happens with directx. For anything else beside gaming and applications running directx the gpu has no problem. Adobe Premiere works fine but tried unreal engine and it crashed too. Unreal had those black sqares too before crashing.

0 Likes
rzaevdima
Journeyman III

думаю тут ничего не поделаеь, вам нужен новый монитор и остальное. проблема с драйверами видеокарты. я так понял что разработчики спешили ее выпустить и все драйвера оптимизированны под современную систему. 

0 Likes
bule
Adept I

Hi,

again I played a little bit with setup and here is what I did and so far no crashing.

First be sure to UPDATE your windows

1. I plugged a second PciE cable to graphic card (don't know if this actually did some changes but no harm of tryin and I read few articles about it)

2. BIOS on GPU switched to Performance (Silent mode is useless)

3. Set WINDOWS in performance mode

4. In power plan set Fast Boot to OFF

5. Go to AMD Drivers site and download 19.11.3. Optional drivers (do not install yet)

5. Go to SAFE MODE and use DDU to remove old drivers. Do not use option for windows to automaticly download driers.

6. Reset PC with network cable unplugged 

7. Install drivers you downloaded 19.11.3. Restart

8. Uninstall TRIXX and any other similar monitoring software. (Maybe they are in conflict with wattman)

9. Also disable NZXT cam of similar before Gaming or working

10. Go to Radeon Settings / Gaming / Global Settings  and set Wait for Vertical Refresh to OFF

11. In WATTMAN I used this settings

wattman.png

Result:

Played Witcher III for 3 hours without crashing with setting to ULTRA (only set Nvidia Hairworks to OFF)

1. FPS above 60

2. GPU temp max 55-60°C

3. GPU load max around 70%

3. Vents no screaming

So this works for me but I think this is no solution to our problem. AMD should provide working software.

0 Likes
michaelzfreeman
Journeyman III

It's not AMD its the card. It's unstable at its overlclocked speed and needs downclocking. Just had this with my Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon rx590 ...

AMD R9 380, Windows 10, Asus Z97P MB
0 Likes