cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hceter
Adept I

Re: New Rx 5600 XT green screen crash

I had the same green screen crash issues with the Gigabyte Gaming OC rx 5600xt.  I have managed to find a number of resolutions for my system, with vbios versions F2 and FA0 :
Gigabyte Gaming K7 x370 motherboard

Ryzen 1700x

Each of the below have worked for me now with no more green screen crashes:

BIOS F2, without updating chipset drivers for motherboard

• Uninstall current drivers and software with DDU
  • Download Adrenalin 2020 20.4.2
  • Run the install only to extract the drivers (do not install software)
  • Use device manager to install the drivers manually

BIOS F2, with Adrenalin Software

• Download and update latest chipset drivers for you motherboard
  • Run the Adrenalin driver install, installing the software

BIOS FA0, with Adrenalin Software

• Download and update latest chipset drivers for you motherboard
  • Run the Adrenalin driver install, installing the software
  • Open the Radeon Software
  • Click on 'Performance'
  • Click on "Tuning"
  • Enable "Power Tuning"
  • Increase the Power Limit by 10%
  • Click Apply

These methods above have stopped my green screen crashes.

0 Likes
abbyzzes
Journeyman III

almost exactly the same i get, only difference is that i get a greenscreet for about 1 second, sound hangs and i get a auto forced reboot 1 second after that. and almost all of my temp files and a good bunch of different game settings get reset back to default. sometimes it happens after watching a youtube video for 10 seconds and sometimes i can play RDR2 on max graphics for almost a full day.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

Radeon RX 5600 XT

0 Likes
hceter
Adept I

Gigabyte have released 4 new bios updates for this graphics cards. Have installed the bios for my card will report back on how the new bios performs.
Radeon™ RX 5600 XT GAMING OC 6G | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Australia 

0 Likes
fritzonie
Journeyman III

XFX 5600XT Thicc Pro II here....same issue. Unfortunately, no new bios updates from XFX. I am sending my card in for RMA tomorrow. 

I have literally combed the forums here, reddit, youtube, and whatever else I could find on the web...nothing has worked so far to keep the crashes at bay.  

I doubt the RMA will fix it, but I am stuck with the card as the issue didn't really present itself until after I had the card a month.  If its not fixed with the RMA, I am going green.

0 Likes
laurentw
Adept I

Hi, Gigabyte Rx 5600 XT Winforce Ver 1.0.

Buy today, 26/06/2020.

Same problem. Green screen randomly.
I start with new configuration of Win 10. full upgrade.

Running on a motherboard gigabyte, FX990, FX8530, 24 Gig's DDR.
With last drivers : amd 20.5.1
I try on another MD MSI, Ryzen 5, same problem.

So : RMA, money back and buy Nvidia Card , never have problem with Nvidia since 15 years !!!!
Bye bye AMD !

0 Likes
marcelma95
Adept II

same issues here, MSI 5600 XT MECH OC, Ryzen 5 3600X, MSI x570-a-pro. Progressed from occasional crashes requiring a hard restart to frequent crashes during use and boot up, and eventually I was unable to boot to windows at all. I did a fresh install of windows, and now anytime I try to install Radeon drivers, I crash during installation and the only way to gain use of my PC again is to boot to safe mode and uninstall Radeon drivers. 

0 Likes
hceter
Adept I

Did you try updating the BIOS to Gigabytes latest version.  Since the release of the new BIOS I have not had an issue, with the last two AMD Driver release.  
IMO  the old bios was having memory issues when the trying to hit the 14Gbps bandwith. 
With the instructions above, and  using MorePowerTools from Igor's Lab,  (he has a great article on how to use the tool.)
I was able to get the GPU stable on the old BIOS with :
Default clock of 1670MHz 
Boost Clock of 1780Mhz  
The Memory limit I had to set at 1675 Mhz only given me 13.4 Gbps bandwith.

0 Likes
laurentw
Adept I

lol, i try everything.

- Upgrade bios

- new install of win 10

- only drivers, no adrenaline software

Reality is very sad, AMD drivers are very rotten. Considering the thousands of people who report this problem, it's not insignificant. AMD doesn't mind. Don't worry. I've turned the card over and I'll never take AMD again. Easy.

marcelma95
Adept II

You would think they would at least issue a statement to let people know they are trying to fix it, but no, they would rather sweep it under the rug. 

0 Likes
fritzonie
Journeyman III

So, I went out and bought a MSI 1660 TI before I sent my card in.

I removed all the AMD stuff from my system with DDU and the uninstaller before I slapped that green step-child on my board.  I booted her up loaded graphics and chipset drivers back onto my machine.  Fired up OBS and Squad and went to town. It was great, not having a crash and actually being able to play a game with some kind of confidence that I  wouldn't have to redo things....that is until my screen went black, sound locked up and computer required me to forcefully reboot it!

In my case....not the 5600 XT.

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 3600X

GPU: XFX Radeon 5600XT Thicc II Pro

RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Neo 3600

Mobo: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi

I figured out what my culprit was and I was able to make the machine crash on me pretty much when I wanted it to.  For me, the issue IS with the XMP profile for the memory.  The machine posts and runs great, but eventually it causes some kind of issue, which I'm assuming it could be due to the driver loading/unloading resources from memory? Not sure on the why, but I know that is my culprit.

To test I loaded up furmark and ran a burn-in. This took care of the GPU being maxxed.

Next I used Ryzen Dram Calculator, had it use the max amount of ram and did a mem test on all 12 threads. 

I did this 4 times with the memory set to the 3600Mhz XMP profile. - About 15-30 minutes into the test it would crash. Two tests were with the 1660TI and two tests were with the 5600XT.  

I removed the XMP profile and ran the stock 2133Mhz. This only ran one time for 24 hours and there were no crashes whatsoever.  I played and streamed with at this speed with no issues with crashing with both the 5600XT and 1660TI as well and had no issues.

I did get the memory tweaked and clocked stable to 3200Mhz on 24 hour memory tests.  So far no crashes on the 5600XT. 

Hope this helps someone.  This may still be a video card issue, but for me and my IT brain...it doesn't seem so (at least for me).

0 Likes