cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

doombuggy110
Adept I

New Radeon Pro WX 8200 18.8.1 Gaming Driver incompatibility?

I just did a totally fresh boot of my system with this new card in it. I downloaded the AMD pro driver program, got it up and running with 18.Q3.1 and went to install the duo driver thing in Driver Options. It'll search for drivers and find the 18.8.1 gaming driver just fine, but when it goes to download it, it gives this error :

Unsupported 16-bit Application

[file path\Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-18.8.1-MinimalSetup-180828_64bit.exe" cannot start or run due to on compatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact hte software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

That's all fine, and I'm just waiting on a response from AMD about that, but I got impatient and went and downloaded the driver from AMD on my own and installed it, which worked just fine. Reboot and the AMD application will not run and doesn't show in the toolbar. Performance is fine, not great. Not like it's just running off of my CPU or anything.

Am I missing something? I've now done a couple of fresh installs of the driver and tried downloading and running the Adrenalin 18.8.1 first then seeing if it allowed for the dual drivers thing, but it didn't.

Forgot this stuff:

AMD Radeon Pro WX 8200

Desktop

I'm on Windows 10 64 Home Version 1803 (?) build 17134.376.

18.Q3.1 from that link and the ones AMD have sent.

I'm not sure on the monitors, but I've swapped between a lot. My main set up is 3 Samsung monitors, one 4k, all 60hz to Displayport

MSI Z370 Tomahawk with an i7 8700k, not sure how to get BIOS info.

Corsair AX760 PSU

32GB DDR4 RAM

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Okay, I've been informed by the web team that the issue has been fixed.

View solution in original post

17 Replies