Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chatmandu
Journeyman III

New features | Colour Blind mode & Vivid Gaming

Hi, 

I would like to thank the staff at AMD for the latest driver version. The inclusion of a colour blind mode is most welcome. 

Quite a few game developers mess up the implementation of colour blind modes - e.g. Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Warzone actually do the opposite of the required correction when the colour blind mode is enabled. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/degkb1/psa_colorblind_mode_simulates_colorblindness/ 

Is anybody from AMD able to provide further details regarding the sliders? 

• Has this been implemented correctly - i.e. does it simulate colour blindness or counteract colour blindness? 
  • Which colours are being enhanced/subdued for each slider? 
  • What does '20' equate to - e.g. +20% red, -20% green, etc.?
  • Is there any associated impact to performance when these settings are enabled? 

The vivid gaming option is also welcome. I enabled it during a quick game of Warzone and the colours are certainly 'popping' much more than when disabled. The colours in that game are so muted that I normally play with +40% saturation. 

Are the colour blind and vivid gaming settings fully compatible with the saturation setting? 

With a view to the future, are there any plans to implement anything similar to the colour filter post processing that is available for nVidia cards? 

Thanks, 

Chatmandu. 

1 Reply
khushvant
Adept I

I don't know why they made this exclusively for new series of graphic cards bro this is not good for who paid so much money for Radeon vii, . I have anomalous trichromacyand. imagine how helpful it would be and talking about warzone I love to play it but because I have high saturation and brightness settings in Radeon software colour blindness settings in the game are little strong to me and as you said yeah the colours are dull in the game by default. idk man but im really disappointed.