cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tKulick
Journeyman III

New Driver problems

So I updated my 5700XT to the latest drivers earlier, 21.10.1, and afterwards I couldnt get my PC to boot so I slapped in a old card and downgraded my drivers to the one before that,21.8.2, and now I can boot, but I cant get any games to boot without my PC bluescreening.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Generally one can boot to Safe Mode and simply uninstall drivers that might be an issue. Else one can use the AMD Cleanup Utility which one can get @ https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601#faq-Overview 

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hello,

Generally one can boot to Safe Mode and simply uninstall drivers that might be an issue. Else one can use the AMD Cleanup Utility which one can get @ https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601#faq-Overview 

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a RX5700XT and only the 10/21.1 driver with no adrenaline software. This is how I do it: Download DDD and 21.10.1, set device installation to no, deactivate Windows Update and network card, delete all monitor and graphics drivers in safe mode with DDD v18.0.3.9 and restart, Radeon drivers only and install monitor drivers, restart and activate the network card. This is so necessary because otherwise there could be conflicts between Microsoft and AMD drivers. I use the MSI Afterburner and FurMark to set the core clock, core voltage and graphics card cooling. In the GPU-Z / Lookup you can view your manufacturer-specific data and you will find that the standard setting of the Radeon driver core clock 2100, core voltage 1184, and is therefore much higher than specified by the manufacturer. I have my profiles with KT Basis1770 / Spiel1905 and Boost2010 Adapted in the Afterburner with the appropriate voltage and fan, not all games and applications can be used with the 2100/1184 without any problems. It is also important to install the latest AMD chipset software for your board from AMD support / drivers.

0 Likes

since version 9.2 until new one, i has problem display freeze and cause window hang when full load.

i can't update new version till now even cleared up software, i can use only at version 8.2

anyone has this problem? and has any solution?

0 Likes